Chapter Twenty- Eight

When I got home Kameron was just finishing up and I was stressed. I looked at him and I knew I had to tell him the truth. "I need to tell you something."

"Is it going to explain why you left to get a piece a cake but came back with nothing," he said looking at me with his piercing eyes. I hated when he did that. "I went to see my mother." The moment I said that I could tell he was mad. "Why?"

"She said we needed to talk."

"So you went there not knowing what was going to happen by yourself?"

"I can take care of myself Kameron."

"That's not the point!"

"No, the point is my mom coming to me telling me I need to tell you to stop looking for your dad because you are causing too much trouble!" His eyes softened and walked towards me. "She what?"

"She said you needed to tell you stop looking for your dad because it was causing trouble. She said all hell would break lose if you ever found your dad." He looked at me and rubbed his chin and then took out a piece of paper and handed it to me. "This is a letter my father sent me saying practically the same thing your mom said. If two people are saying the same thing then obviously there is something more to this and I need to find out."

"What about what they said?"

"Look if they are making a big deal out me finding my dad then I need to find him now and nip this shit in the bud before shit get out of control. You trust me?" I nodded my head, "Ok then trust me to protect you and find out what the hell is going on."

When I woke up Kameron wasn't beside me and the coldness of him not being there hit me. I slowly got out of bed and went into the living room where I heard him talking. He was on the phone talking to someone and by his tone I could he meant business. I went into the kitchen and made a bowl of cereal and went and sat next to him on the couch. "So you gonna tell me what that was about," I asked once he finished and as I stuffed a huge spoonful into my mouth. I don't know why but cereal has really become my number on food. I even have a special bowl just for cereal and I be damn if I can't find my bowl, all hell breaks loose.

"That was Jake," he said rubbing his hands down his face. "Jake as in your PI Jake?"

"Yea," he said taking my cereal out my hands. It took me a minute to figure out what the hell just happened but when I did I was mad as hell. "Excuse me if you don't take my spoon out yo damn mouth I will put my foot up yo ass."

"First, off this my damn cereal I'm the one that pay for this damn cereal."

"Nigga do it look like I give a damn about the words coming out yo mouth?! You damn right you pay for the cereal just like yo ass can put yo damn sperm in me you can reach in yo damn pants and pay for my got damn cereal," I said snatching it back from him. When I did a little dropped on him making me laugh my ass off. I done told him about touching my damn food and he thinks its game but I can show him better than I can tell him. "Look what yo greedy ass did," he said looking at me. I just shrugged and kept eating my cereal like nothing happened. When I was done I got up to take my bowl to the kitchen until I felt myself being lifted off the ground. Kameron had me in the air spending me around like I was a rag doll and when you pregnant that shit ain't fun. "Kameron put me down before I puke on you!"

"Nah say yo ass sorry."

"You gone be sorry when my cereal end up on you," I said in between laughs and trying to keep my food down. I was so caught up I dropped my bowl and all you heard was a crash. Kameron stopped and I looked down and my bowl was in little pieces. It was like an end to an era and I could feel the tears coming. I just dropped down the bowl trying to put it back together but I couldn't make it work. "You broke my bowl," I said looking up at Kameron with tears running down my face.