Chapter Nine

Kameron POV

Since Dee fed us the information about Kacey we really been grinding to make sure everything was just right. "Yo Big!"

"What up boss?"

"I need you to go and get Dee so we can catch him up to speed on things." He nodded his head and left. While he was gone I made sure my money and other shit was on track. I also needed to call Ariel so we could talk. I haven't seen her since and deep down I already know what she is going to say. I know I don't deserve her but there's a part of me that doesn't want to let go.

Two hours later

Just as I was finishing up with counting my money and keeping up with some of the new guys Biggy arrived. "Man what took you so long? Where Dee at?"

"I gotta tell you something boss," he said sitting down. I could tell something was up so I stopped what I was doing. "I went to his place and I found him lying on the floor, dead."

"Damn."

"Here, the killers left this," he said placing a note on my desk.

This is what happens to people that betray me

Don't think you know everything there is to know about me boy

The games are just getting started

"FUCK!" I said standing up and throwing the piece of paper away. "I'm tired of this motherfucker messing wit my shit! He needs to be taken now and I'm sick of waiting. The more I wait the more shit he causes."

"You know we can't make a move until we are sure we have all the information we need. This ain't no rookie kid that don't know shit, this motherfucker knows exactly how to strike and when. We can't let him get us because we were too impatient." I knew Biggy was right but every bone in my body wanted to crush that motherfucker to death. "Whateva man I gotta go tell Kelsey about Dee."

"Aight and while you ova there talk to Ariel." I didn't say anything but just nodded. I mean I was gonna have to talk to her sometime better sooner than later.

When I got to Kelsey house I seen Ariel car in the driveway so I knew it was no way to avoid her. I knocked on the door and of course Ariel answered. She didn't say anything but just looked at me like she was trying to figure out what to say. "Hey," I said deciding to be the first to say something. "Why are you here?"

"I came to tell you and Kelsey something."

"I don't want to hear a damn thing you got to say."

"Look I know I fucked up but this ain't got nothing to do about us, this is about Dee." I said a little louder than I wanted to. "What about Dee," Kelsey asked coming to the door. "Can I come in, this ain't nothing you tell on a porch." They nodded and let me. I followed them into the living room where they sat on the couch while is at in a chair. "What is this about Kameron," Ariel asked not really looking at me. For the first time I could tell just how much I really fucked up. "Dee came to me about Kacey's plans to kill you both. He also let us in on about Kacey's safe houses and how to get in and out of his trap house. When I sent Biggy to go and get him this morning, he told me he found him dead on the floor." At first there wasn't a reaction from either of them but then I saw a tear roll down Ariel's face. She wouldn't look at me but just kept looking at the ground. As for Kelsey she was drowning with tears. Made me wonder if it was me on the floor would Ariel be crying that way. I know I fucked up but I just wonder if my death would impact her like that. "You did this!" Kelsey screamed knocking me out of my thoughts. "You knew by him giving you that information his life was on the line! Of course he ended up dead because you didn't fucking protect him!" Now she was standing up in my face but I let it go since I knew she was hurting. "I want you out of my got damn house! Get out!" just as she was about to hit me Ariel grabbed her and told her she would handle it. Kelsey went upstairs leaving just me and Ariel. "You should go."