Chapter Eighteen

Kameron POV

I woke up this morning feeling a little better even though I still had a lot to do. I still needed a job if I was going to make this going straight thing work. I mean sure I had enough money saved up but I needed to finish what I started. I wanted to make Ariel proud, hell I wanted to make myself proud. My whole life consisted of either the disappointment of losing my dad or seeing my mother being dragged away. On top of that I wasn't the best person in the world after my father died, so I needed to finish this so that I could prove I could do it. Even though I still had questions about my dad now after hearing Ariel's dad said he was the one who my father but that didn't make sense. I can see bright as day my mom pulling the trigger and killing my abusive father. I needed to see my mother but not right now.

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. After taking a shower I threw on some black true religion jeans with a white polo and my Jordan 4 Oreos. I brushed my hair and put in my diamond earrings and my silver Rolex.

I was on my way to meet a friend I met in culinary school, he said if I ever needed anything he would hook me up. He thought I had potential and shit so he took a chance on me. I was supposed to meet him at some restaurant at ten. It was now nine so I had an hour to get there.

When I got the restaurant it was named Blue Eyes I laughed at the name and just walked in. the inside was filled with different kinds of blue and crystals. I had to admit it was nice. "May I help you," some girl asked looking me up and down. "I'm supposed to be meeting somebody here."

"And who-"

"Yo Kameron you made it!" Marco said interrupting her and dapping me. "I got this," he said to the girl and she just rolled her eyes and walked away.

"What's her problem?"

"Just hoes being hoes," he laughed sitting down at a booth. "So you finally came to your senses huh?"

"I guess you could say that."

"Probably over some girl," he said smirking. "Really man I'm just trying to do the right thing for once in my life. I lost my girl and I guess I thought that if I got my shit together then maybe I would have a chance to get her back."

"You must really love her," he said sitting back. "You have no idea," I said sighing thinking of Ariel. I wondered what she would say if she saw me sitting here now. Would she be happy? Would she be proud? I just hope what I am doing will be a step closer to getting my family back.

"Sorry I'm late I had a last minute meeting," a guy said coming up to us. He was about six feet with black hair. He looked to be Hispanic and wore loud colored clothes. He actually looked just like Marco. He sat down next to Marco and opened up a folder. "So I see you graduated with my brother," he said looking up.

"Um yea."

"You were the top of your class, that's great. From what I'm seeing you would be a perfect addition to our culinary family."

"Really! I would love that anything you can give me would be awesome."

"I'm glad you think so but the job I am offering is not here but in Atlanta." Damn. "See I have this new restaurant I am opening up and I want you to be the head chef. I know this would require you to pick up and move your life but this is the opportunity of a lifetime. However, I know you have been out of practice so I want you to work here as second in command to our head chef here. I need you to learn all you can so that when the time comes you are ready to go." To say I was taken back was an understatement. But at the same time it would mean leaving Ariel. The whole reason I was doing this was to get her back but that couldn't happen if I left the fucking state.