Chapter Two

Kameron POV

I couldn’t believe who picture it was, “You know him or something?”

“Yea his real name is David Larson; he’s my half-brother on my dad side.”

“Wait so you telling me your brother is trying to kill you and has already killed your child. Why?”

“I don’t know,” I said lying straight through my teeth. I knew exactly why he was chasing me but I vowed I would never tell. Ariel don’t even know I have a half-brother. “Nigga you lying, now tell me what’s up.”

“Look! I said I don’t know,” I said snapping. I really didn’t want to talk about my past and especially not to him. “Yelling at me ain’t gonna do shit. If it as bad as you making it out to be then you need to tell someone, it ain’t gotta be me but you definitely need to tell Ariel.”

“You know me her not on the same page right now.”

“And who fault is that? She loses her baby and you run away like you always do when things get rough. This is supposed to be the girl you wanna marry but you leave her when she needs you the most. Do you even wanna marry this girl anymore?”

“Of course I wanna marry Air I just don’t see how we get passed this especially if it is part of my fault. I love that girl to death but I’m just lost right now. How am I supposed to comfort her when I’m sinking myself?” On the outside I looked fine but on the inside I was screaming. Of course I wanted to be there for Ariel but that doesn’t come easy when you can’t even reassure yourself everything is okay.

“My father used to tell me you know you have true love when both of you can find each other in the worst storm possible. Sometimes you have to get through a tornado to prove that you are meant to be. She needs you and you need her; don’t let this one get away because you are scared.” Damn I never thought about it that way, I love Ariel and I don’t want to lose her but I don’t know how to stop the pain.

When I got home I saw she wasn’t on the couch like she usually is but was in the kitchen cooking. I stood in one place debating in whether to talk or not and decided I needed to do this. “Can we talk,” I asked walking into the kitchen. At first she acted like she didn’t hear me but then stopped and turned to me. “Why now?”

“I just feel like we need to talk before it’s too late.”

“What if its already too late,” she said looking down at her hands. I knew then just how much pain she really was in and just how much I messed up by leaving her alone. “I know I messed up, I know I shouldn’t have left you alone but I didn’t know what to do. I panicked.”

“You think it was easy for me to go through that shit alone! I lost my damn child and my fiancé at the same damn time! You left me for four weeks; you even sleep in another room. How do you think I felt Kameron?” I didn’t know how to respond because I knew she was right. I knew running wasn’t the best way to handle things but that’s all I know.

“I need to tell you something,” I said changing the subject. Instead she just walked out of the kitchen leaving me standing there. “Wait Ariel,” I said grabbing her arm. “What Kameron!!”