Chapter Seventeen

Kameron POV

Three weeks later

I slowly opened my eyes to the bright lights in front of me. When I tried to move around I felt a stinging pain all over. When I looked down at my body I had tubes running throughout me reminding me of why I was hear. Then I remembered Biggy. Last time I saw him he was lying beside me while blood spilled out of him. "You're awake," I heard a voice say bringing my out of my thoughts. When I looked over it was Ariel and she looked like shit. "I guess I am," I said trying to smile through the pain I was feeling. She looked like she had been going through something herself. "You ok," I asked as she walked up to me. she didn't say anything but just looked at me which kind of had me worried. "Ariel?" I reached up and stroked her cheek which had visible tear stains. "I-I'm just glad you're ok," she said finally breaking down. She took me by surprise since I didn't know she still felt this strongly about me. of course I secretly hoped she did but to see it for myself was amazing.

Before I could speak someone walked through the door interrupting the moment. "Well Well Mr. Lincoln you are one lucky bastard," some woman said coming in the door with a clipboard in her hand. "I am doctor Sims and I am the one who has been keeping a close eye on you since you slipped into a comma."

"I was in a comma?"

"How about this you tell me the last thing you remember."

"I was laying in the warehouse and I was shot. Blood was coming out and I looked at my friend he was on the floor too. Where is my friend?"

"First, I want to talk about you. Mr. Lincoln you were shot three times and one bullet barely missed your heart. The fact that you are now wide awake is a miracle in being you lost so much blood. Whatever you were doing won't work anymore. I am putting you on bed rest for three weeks and then I will allow you to go home. So for now we will just keep tabs on you and you will be resting. Any questions?"

"Nah I'm good."

"I will have the nurse increase your medicine since I know you are in pain." After that she left and Ariel looked like she was in another world. "Come here," I said to her patting a spot beside me. She slowly walked up to me and laid beside me and laid her head on my chest. We were quiet for a while as she gently rubbed circles in my chest. "I found the letter you left me," she said breaking the silence and looking at me. I tensed up cause by the way she was looking I knew exactly what letter she was talking about. "How?"

"Well, since you taught me how to take charge in case anything happened to you I went to the trap. I was searching for clues to find you and I found the letter with my name on it." I couldn't say anything so I just nodded. The things I said in the letter was only meant to be read if I died and now she has read it and I actually lived.

Don't get me wrong I meant every word in the letter but I also knew I couldn't be with her. I meant what I said when she was in the hospital, I will not bring her back into harm's way. I loved her and missed every single day but I just couldn't.

"How are things with you and ole dude," I asked changing the subject. She sighed and then looked down. "I don't think it will work out. I mean I like him but I just don't feel the same sparks I felt with you," she said looking up at me. Shit. I sat up a little to look at her in the eyes. "Look Air we can't do this. At least not right now."

"And why not?"

"I just can't. I can't bring you back into this world. I can't watch you get hurt again because of me."

"That's not your choice."

"The hell it isn't. Look bottom line is we cannot get back together. I love you with everything in me but we just can't be together." She nodded her head and then climbed off the bed. "Where you going?"