Chapter Thirty-One

Ariel POV

When I woke up and looked around I realized I wasn't home and started to panic. I then remembered what happened last night and lid back down. My face still hurt but I was just happy my babies were okay. But I knew all this stress wasn't good especially considering the way I lost my first baby. The only question was how do you be calm when a manic is on the lose trying to fucking kill you. I soon realized Kameron wasn't near me so I got up to go looking for him.

As I searched through the house it seemed it got bigger and even more confusing. I eventually found Kameron sitting in an office with his head down. "Kameron?" he jumped up and looked at me and I could tell he hadn't got any sleep all night. I loved the fact he cared so much about me but I knew his love for me was tearing him apart. He was trying so hard to be the protector it was killing him. He was trying to be good but it seemed no matter what he did, the bad always seemed to come. "You weren't in bed so I came to find you."

"I couldn't sleep I got a lot on mind," he said sitting back not looking me in the eyes. "Kameron you can't do this to yourself."

"How can I not blame myself?! He came into my home and fucking ruined your face! I should've been there not making nice with my mother."

"Kameron believe it or not I am strong and I do not need you protecting me every step of the way. I admit I was scared but more than anything I am angry. And right now I need you to man the fuck up and get the motherfuckers who are after us." I walked up to him and lifted his chin to look at me, "Right now I need the man I love to get his self together and he can't do that he if he does not take care of himself." I took his hands and pulled him up. "What are you doing?"

"Taking you back to bed so you can sleep if I can find my way back."

When I was certain Kam was out I went to find the kitchen. When I finally found the kitchen I almost died, everything was made of marble from the counter tops to the floors. I fell in love instantly. I went to the fridge and saw the fridge was fully stocked and set to make lunch since it was almost 12. I took out everything to make Kameron's favorite: baked mac and cheese with extra cheese, rotisserie chicken with garlic herbs and spices, cornbread, collard greens, and creamy corn. I knew this would make his day.

When I finally had everything cooking and almost ready Kameron came walking in like he had the best rest of his life. "Well rested I see."

"Yea thanks to you. What are you doing in here, I smell food," he said rubbing his eyes. "Well yes my love I have mad all your favorites this lovely day," I said bowing as if he were a king. "Whatever," he said sitting on the stool. "How come you never brought me here, I love it here."

"Because this is a safe house for a reason if I brought you here just so you could have a vacation, it would no longer be a safe house."

"Well I have gotten lost so many times in this damn house it's ridiculous."

"Yea I built it like a game, one only I know," he said laughing. "I can teach you later if you want." I took the food out and set everything up. I made Kameron a plate and set in front of him. "Damn you cooked all of this for me," he said getting excited. "Nope I was hungry," I said winking at him and sitting next to him. We ate in silence as we both enjoyed our food. I had to admit I good fucking throw down in the kitchen.

"I think I should call my grandmother," I said breaking the silence. He stopped eating and looked at me. "Why?"

"We need answers and I feel she has them. If my dad is still alive then we need to know what we are against. There is a reason my dad is after your family so and I want to know why."