Chapter 91: One Forgot, the Other Remembered

Hey guys! That chapter went in a totally different direction than I thought it would when I started writing it. It went places, good and bad, and I love it! Stars, it was so much fun to write :D Hope you have as much fun reading it! Don't forget to vote and comment :) Love you all <3

    Vriany and Talia were pleasantly surprised by my transformation but vowed to keep it a secret as it could be to our advantage if something like this were ever to happen again. Vriany pointed out how unfair it was that I was bigger than him in this form to which Talia responded by grumbling about men and sizes. They informed us that only two of the men had families. Norel had his father and Ayalo had an older sister who lived in the Western kingdom. I was glad that there weren't that many people who would grieve because of me, but two was still too much. They then discussed about what measure they would have to take to prevent attacks like this in the future. Once they were done and I had changed back, they left and Rilos took my hand with the intention of leaving for the Western kingdom. I stopped him and asked what had been running inside my head for a while now.
    "Rilos?"
    "Yes, Lyra?"
    "Why weren't you able to call Jinary, but Keeshee was able to come out?"
    "Suppressors can only block the wolf of one person and only when they are touching that person. The Suppressor was holding me and therefore could only block my wolf. Nobody was expecting you to be able to call yours. Had they suspected it, they would have brought an other Suppressor, but since this ability is relatively rare, I doubt they would have found one sympathetic to their cause. The only Suppressor who could do it to more than one person and at a distance was my aunt and she has been dead for a long time."
    "What about Kylanne's coming-of-age? She couldn't call her wolf and no one was holding her."
    "I had forgotten to talk to you about that. There was a Suppressor in the arena that day. She wasn't aware of what she was doing since she was only two years old. With the approbation of her parents, I locked her powers until she turns five so she won't do it accidentally anymore. Once she reaches that age, I'll teach her how to use them."
    "Two years old and that powerful? Stars, imagine what she could do once she's older. Do you train a lot of kids?"
    "Depends on the year. This year, I don't have any, except Zyl and Zar from time to time. It's very rare to have your powers before turning 18."
    "Are the Judge and Feolrn meeting us there?"
    "In a way. I'll teleport them. Are you ready to go now?"
    "I think we should bring some tissues. It will come in handy. If not for the families, maybe for me."
    "Do you still blame yourself?"
    "As much as I would like to say that I do, I don't. I did for the brief moment after I realized what I had done but I would do the same thing again if I had to. You are the most important person in my life and I don't want to lose you. If someone tries to separate us, I will do everything I can to prevent that from happening."
    "I love you too," he whispered, kissing me.
    We appeared in front of a door. The Judge and Feolrn were beside us. Rilos knocked and a tall woman with curly black hair opened the door. Her eyes were completely white. Was she blind?
    "My King? With the Judge and Feolrn? What can I do for you? Is it about that idiotic brother of mine? What has he done this time? And who is that beside you?"
    "Hello, Ellirina. This is my soul-mate, Lyra."
    "Nice to meet you, Ellirina," I said, taking her extended hand. Static electricity ran throughout my body as soon as my skin touched her's. "I'm sorry. Did I that come from me?"
    "No, your Majesty. It's my fault. My power allows me to visualize the signature emitted by another person's power. That's how I knew these three were standing outside my door. I sensed that you were there, but since I had never identify your signature, I didn't know who you were."
    "Can we come inside, Ellirina?"
    "Of course, my King. So, it really is about my brother? I can't 'see' him anymore so I'm going to assume that you took away his power because he did something pretty bad."
    "You might want to sit down for this."
    "That bad, uh?" she sighed, taking place on her couch.
    "The reason you can't see him anymore isn't because I took his power. He's dead, Ellirina. I'm sorry."
    "I'd like to say that I'm surprised but I'm really not. You're here because he attacked one of you, am I right, your Majesties?"
    "Yes, along with seven other men. They beat up Rilos and when one of them ripped out his heart, I snapped and killed them all. I am really, really sorry. I wish I could have done something different but I wasn't in control at that moment. If..."
    "No need to go further, my Queen. You protected your soul-mate. That's good enough for me. He was hanging out with a bad crowd since he entered the Northern guard. He was bound to get killed for something. Beside, he attacked you and my loyalty goes to the King and Queen above everything else, including my own blood. Though I always thought that Ritonoru would get him first."
    "Ritonoru? Who's that? I don't know anyone who goes by this name," commented Rilos.
    "It's not a name. It's a nickname. Well, only I use it. Black hole. It's someone inside the Northern castle, though I haven't 'seen' that person in quite some time. My brother pointed that person out to me once. He said that this person had broken his spine in combat. He told me that it was a big bulky man who had done it for no reason other than for giggles. I 'looked' at that person and saw nothing. Just a void of emptiness. Normally, everyone has some sort of signature even if they don't have their power yet. That person didn't have anything. I was curious and went to talk to that big, terrifying person only to find out that it was a really small girl no older than twelve years old. She told me that he attacked her first and that he wouldn't stop so she broke his spine in order to run away. Brave little thing. Standing up to someone twice her size."
    "I can't remember you," I murmured. "Why can't I remember you? I remember every single second since my birth. Why isn't this memory there?"
    "Feolrn? Could you run a check on her?" asked Rilos.
    She nodded and nicked her index on her canine. She then pressed that finger on my forehead.
    "That little girl was you, my Queen? But you have a signature. How is that possible?"
    "Cyrian had locked her powers with a necklace. That's probably why you couldn't see her."
    "No wonder she ran away without telling me the reason behind her lack of signature. And why Cyrian came up to me in seconds wondering what I thought was the explanation."
    "What did you tell him? You're still alive so he must have been satisfied with your answer and absolutely sure that you wouldn't alert anyone," I said.
    "I always thought she... you were a Vampire which is why you refused to touch me and fled."
    "Vampire? What's that?"
    "It's like a Blocker but permanent. They take away a werewolf's power forever when they touch their bare skin. I killed the only one that existed. I doubt this power will resurface considering her bloodline is extinct."
    "What had she done for you to kill her?"
    "Murder, what else? She was murdering people to prove that she was more powerful than someone with powers."
    "Guess she wasn't that powerful in the end."
    "Being a Vampire can't protect you against a sharp sword."
    "Buried." We all turned to Feolrn who had just spoken. "You buried your memories, with some help that is. Cyrian tortured you so badly that you just locked everything that happened that day somewhere far inside your mind."
    "Why would Dark-Soul torture me? I had done nothing wrong. I hadn't talked about my soul-mate or my powers. It makes no sense."
    "'You dared to show your face to an outsider' is what he said."
    "Right. That's more like it."
    "How about you stay here for... let's say a week, to give me time to torture and kill that bastard?" growled Rilos. Stars, I could feel the rage emanating from him. Better stop him before he does something stupid.
    "You can't, Rilos."
    "Why in the name of the stars not?"
    "Because I'm not ready."
    "Ready to see him die?"
    "Ready to see him period and I want to see his head roll off of his body without going into shock."
    "We start tonight, Lyra. I can't stand him being alive any longer."
    "Understood. Ellirina, if you ever need anything, someone to talk to, counselling, you can come to me."
    "Thank you, my Queen."
    "It's the least I can do."
    She grabbed my wrist as I was about to go out.
    "He didn't just push you into a wall, did he? You don't seem like the type of person who would broke someone's spine for a shove."
    I took a deep breath and sighed. I closed the door. I knew Rilos would hear us, but the other two wouldn't and that's what I wanted.
    "He picked me up and threw me with all he had into that wall. My skull fractured as well as eight of my fingers, my wrists, half of my ribs, my pelvis and my left leg. He walked to me, grabbed me by the hair and pulled me up to his face. He told me..." My voice cracked. Okay, relax. He can't hurt you. He's dead. "He told me that had Dark-Soul not forbidden it, he would have taken me to his bedroom and raped me. I was ten years old. I didn't know what else to do and I couldn't kill anyone back then. I thought that if he couldn't walk, he wouldn't be able to take me anywhere and I would be safe."
    There was a loud bang and a crack. My right hand hurt. Rilos. I ran outside. One of the brick wall had fissures that webbed around Rilos' broken fist.
    "Would you have preferred if I had hidden that from you?" I asked, taking his hand and healing it.
    "No. I would have found out eventually and knowing that you had hidden it from me would have hurt more."
    "This is the second time I have to heal your hand because you broke it deliberately. Can we agree that from this moment on, instead of hurting yourself, you will make windows explode like I do?"
    He smiled and hugged me.
    "What would I do without you?"
    "You'd have less broken hands, but I suspect that you would have less reason to smile as well."
    "Is everything alright? What happened?"
    "I might have broken one of your walls in a fit of rage, Ellirina. Don't worry, I'll repair it so it won't fall on your head."
    "I'd appreciate that." She took my hands between her's. "I'm sorry for what my brother did to you and I want you to know that I am in no way angry for killing him. I'm glad that Ritonoru got him in the end and that she isn't dead like I assumed she was. Like I told you that time: May the stars light your way and guide your footsteps, my Queen."
    "I thought I had invented that sentence."
    "You didn't forget what was important."