Chapter 37: I Trusted You

Hey guys! We're at 3k!!! Oh my God, this is insane! You are seriously all amazing and I'm so glad that you like the story! Thank you so much and hopefully you'll like the new chapter :) Don't forget to vote and comment! There is a bit of violence/sexual assault in this scene, so be careful if you don't like that kind of stuff.

Like everyday, Rilos came in the bedroom. The girls waved at me and left. He looked around and saw me. Something was wrong. He was expressionless. No matter in what mood he came in, when he saw me, a smile broke on his face. Not this time. He was approaching, like a predator. I didn't like it. He extended his arm and grabbed me by the throat, slamming my body against the wall. I grabbed his wrist, trying to open his hand. He caught my arms and pinned them above my head with his other hand.
"What are you doing Rilos?"
"I'm at my limit. I've had enough. You need to be marked."
"What do you mean? Rilos, let me go, you're hurting me. Stop it, I don't like this."
He looked me in the eyes. His were cold. A sadistic smile appeared on his face. Fear gripped my insides. I had only seen one person having that kind of expression and it never meant something good. He opened his mouth wide and bit my neck. I screamed. Tears streamed down my face as my body started violently shaking, repulsed by what was happening. His mouth was smeared with my blood. He let go of my neck and ripped my clothes off, trusting one finger inside of me. Everything had been a lie. He was like Sadist. The mind I had carefully started to rebuild with him came crashing down in an instant. I stopped struggling. It only made them more excited. I cried silently. Weird how my vocal cords were only working when I was screaming. I couldn't believe he was doing this. He told me he would wait until I was ready. Liar. He had started to undress when the door opened again. Suddenly, nothing was holding my arms anymore. I laid on the floor and looked up. There was two Rilos. One was holding the other by the neck and seemed beyond angry.
"I should have listened to myself and killed you. I won't make the same mistake twice."
I closed my eyes unable to sustain the sight of the man who had just hurt me. Was this some sort of sadistic game to him? Gaining my trust and destroy it just to see the pain written all over my face? I heard him approach. I recoiled and curled in fetal position, protecting my head.
"Lyra, it's okay. It's me. Everything will be fine."
I started shaking even more, hot streams of tears falling on my arms. Liar, liar, LIAR! DON'T TOUCH ME! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I TRUSTED YOU! I trusted you.
"Lyra, that wasn't me. It was Henina who came back looking like me to hurt you."
Lies. I felt him coming closer. DON'T COME CLOSER! WHY DID YOU HURT ME? I THOUGHT YOU WERE DIFFERENT! I hoped you were.
"Lyra..."
His voice was shaking. I didn't care. Blood was oozing from the bite on my shoulder. A throbbing pain was radiating from between my legs. However, my heart was hurting so much more. Shuffling. He was coming closer. I was scared. I started sobbing. Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry! No, no, NO! PLEASE! My body stopped hurting and a loud bang resonated beside me. Something exploded and another broke. I recoiled further away. It was my turn next, for sure.
"I'm sorry that I wasn't able to protect you once again."
"Lyra! Are you okay? We heard you scream from our bedroom. Oh the stars, what happened? My King, did you break your hand punching that wall?"
"I did. Take care of Lyra. I think it'll be better if I'm not around anymore."
"What do you mean?"
He exited, slamming the door behind him. Kylanne came closer and touched my shoulder. Instinctively, I flinched. I opened my eyes. She was crouching looking at me with concern in her eyes. Felia and Sanaelle were standing behind her. I threw my arms around her neck and sobbed uncontrollably for at least an hour. Exhausted, I fell asleep covered in dried blood and tears.
I woke up in my bed. I had been dressed and cleaned. Tears filled my eyes when I remembered what happened last night. What had I done for him to do that? Water spilled on my cheeks. I stayed there, looking at the ceiling, the same questions going around in my head over and over again. Why was this hurting more than what happened with Sadist? Why did he do this?
"Lyra? It's Kylanne. Are you awake?"
I wanted to speak up. I wanted to turn my head and look at her, but my head was messed up. It was like I was stuck in it. I could see, hear, breathe, cry, but not move. Like a butterfly stuck in a jar, I couldn't do anything except propel myself against the side of my jail. I didn't know how to go back. Did I really want to go back? Kylanne entered my field of vision.
"Lyra, you have to come back to us. Please. It's been three days. The King is missing. He went away and didn't come back. Talia is searching for him, but it's like he doesn't want to be found. The pain of being away from you will make him go insane. You have to wake up, Lyra. Life around here is full of sadness without you. Please. He's not the one who hurt you; Henina was. She took his appearance and did something to you. We don't know what because the King didn't tell us. He left so fast, Lyra. He was so angry and distressed. It was worse than when he first brought you here."
She started to cry over my body, her tears falling on my face. I wanted to reach out and wipe them away. I didn't like seeing her so sad. I could hear the truth in her words. I couldn't explain why, but I was still terrified of him, even knowing that it wasn't him. I now understood how he felt having to rip out my heart. I was, however, still so scared of the mere memory of him. Rilos was now, like my voice and wolf, something that I couldn't have as the result of someone else's action. It wasn't fair for me or for him. Why was I so weak? Why was my mind imprisoning me? Why did my mind kept crumbling down? A twinge of pain struck my heart. Loneliness, sadness, distress, anger and confusion all mixed together. Where did that come from? I didn't like those emotions. They were hurting me. They disappeared as fast as they appeared.
"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel that."
This was a voice that I didn't recognize. It was a woman's voice. It turned around searching for the source. When I saw her, I couldn't contain a gasp of disbelief.