Chapter 3: The Moment Everything Crashed Down

The dress (picture)

Before the audience, I went to my bedroom to take a shower. A werewolf nose is very sensible and I had trained for hours this morning. Dark-Soul would be pissed if I smelled and the last thing I wanted was a pissed Dark-Soul. I put a dark blue dress. I made the mistake once to wear pants, let's just say I won't make that mistake again.
I looked at myself in the mirror. I was short and dangerously thin for a werewolf. At 5'2 and 90 pounds, I was way below average and that was not a good thing. Changing from human to wolf takes energy and Dark-Soul apparently didn't care if I couldn't change since I rarely had enough food to be satisfied. My irises are a deep purple and are the only feature I like about my physical appearance beside my hair. They were flowing to the small of my back and looked like fire under the sun. I placed my hand above my heart, where my tattoos should be. Not being able to access them is the same as missing a part of yourself. The only things keeping me sane was that I was still able to change and the fact that I knew that somewhere out there, there was someone who was made for me.
Almost 9 pm, I walked fast to the throne room. I heard whispers and servants hurried out of my way. Looks like I'm still scary for some. Here's the throne room. Deep breathe. Push the door. Enter without looking up. Walk to the bottom of the stairs. Bow then wait for Dark-Soul to talk.
"Looks like you finally learned some manners."
Like I had a choice
"Apparently, I did, my King, I said looking up."
All I saw was darkness and evil. Controlling bastards who made my entire life hell.
"As you might know, Mikyan will have his coming-of-age ceremony in a week."
Yeah, I have been informed multiple times. That, and the fact that all the castle staff was preparing rooms for the other three provinces Alphas that would come. Putting decorations, preparing the room ceremony, everything had to be perfect.
"Let me guess, I will be in THE room and make no sound."
"Exactly."
"Wait." said Mikyan. "You mean she won't be there. On whom am I supposed to use my powers then?"
"Have you never noticed that I am never there when outsiders come? Are you really a future Alpha, unable to notice anything beside your bellybutton?"
"SILENCE! Do you want to spend the next 12 hours in re-education?"
Please don't. Great, he saw me flinch and smiled.
"I'm sorry, I forgot my place." I said, trembling.
"Good. However she is right, Mikyan. She is indeed never there when outsiders are coming. She goes in a room I created, called the disappearance room. It's a room where no magic, no odours, no sound, nothing can go in. I'll explain why to you when your coming-of-age ceremony will be done."
"Why not now?"
"As you know, Lyra doesn't have a soul-mate."
I do have one, I have the tattoo to prove it. I just don't know who it is. And that bastard Dark-Soul knew that very well, he saw the tattoo when he took me away. Few people actually have soul-mates, and surprise, I was one of them. Abnormal till the end.
"I want to wait and see if you, my son, have one," he said looking at me to see if I would say anything.
"Why are you saying that, father?"
Yeah, I'm curious too.
"If you don't have a soul-mate, you'll marry her and have children."
"WHAT?!?!" we shout at the same time."
I could hear them talking but I was too shocked to say anything. I HAVE a soul-mate. Is this even legal? Who am I kidding? For everyone outside the Northern court, I didn't exist. I don't even think I have rights. Isn't this unfair for my soul-mate, who knows he or she have one but will never get to be with me because of Dark-Soul. Plus, me with Mikyan? That is gross, I don't want to sleep with him. Much less have his children... Wait. I started laughing. I couldn't stop. This was hilarious.
"Are you laughing at me, Rishka? I will beat you up!"
"Wait." Dark-Soul said. "Why are you laughing? You never laugh."
No shit, like I ever had a reason to laugh here.
"I can't have children." I said grinning like an idiot.
This was the best thing that has happened so far. I just ruined Dark-Soul plans. Plans he must have had since before I was even born.
"What do you mean?" he questioned looking increasingly annoyed and, was that fear? Probably not.
"I can't have children. I never had my periods, ever, and I'm eighteen years old. You must have sensed that, since you watch my every move. I can feel that I can't bear a child. It must be because the stars, or whoever controls the universe, doesn't want me to pass on these pow.."
Hello floor. Nice to see you again. There was blood rushing out my nose and in my mouth. Dark-Soul was beyond pissed. I ruined his plans and I almost talked about my powers. Great, my dress is ruined. Blood is hard to get off clothes.
"Get up!" he growled.
"Yes, your Majesty."
I complied. I didn't want to end up in the torture chambers.
"Seems like fate as gone beyond her way to piss me off."
I could see that, but I was really happy about it. Maybe I could meet my soul-mate in the end.
"I have no use for you anymore."
Oh, oh, this couldn't be good.
"Maybe my son has, though."
Fuck. Onward to becoming Junior's punching bag.
"Really? She's mine now?"
"I don't see why not. I wanted you to marry her so your children wouldn't be bastards but since she can't have any, you have nothing to fear."
How about setting me free? Right, I know too much and am too powerful. He looked at me with those eyes, predator. Can't I be the predator for once? Why am I always the prey?
"You will pay, Rishka, for all the times you humiliated me."
"Don't go thinking I won't defend myself, because I will. I will not go down without a fight. You can't tame me."
"Who said anything about taming? I want to break you."