Chapter 27: Paint, Judge and Blush

Hi guys! For those who didn't look, I posted a video on the last chapter of me pronouncing the characters' names. If you're having trouble with them, check it out :) Also, 1.6k views?!?! And over 120 votes?!?! This is so cool, you guys :) Hope you're still liking the story! Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all <3

Rilos and Vriany exited the room. I had never seen these halls before. After all, I never went out of my bedroom either.
"Do you want to observe a bit before we go see the Judge?"
"No, it's fine. I'll look around once I can go out on my own."
"Alright. Anyway, I'm sure Vriany will be happy to show you around."
He nodded.
"I was kidding, Vriany. I'm never letting her close to you. I'm sure that you would try to corrupt her mind to make her *gasp* redecorate our bedroom or worse, the entire castle!"
"He would be right, these halls need some new paint."
"How did you do that? You didn't even talked to her and she's already brainwashed."
"Magic."
"And the obvious fact that paint is needed. We could have a coloured-water battle in the halls."
"Last time you had one, Rilos was agitated afterwards, to say the least."
Rilos rammed his elbow in Vriany's ribs.
"Don't say anything more, Vriany. I mean it. I'm not letting anyone see you soaked, Lyra. Ever."
"So, if it's paint and not water, we could? We could do that in the entire castle, with the rest of the staff. Please, Rilos. It could be really fun."
"I'm in."
"I knew that you would get together against me one way or the other."
"It'll make me happy."
"Now that's not fair. You know I'll do anything to make you happy."
"I'm sure you'll do it too one day."
"Fine we'll do that, but only when you're ready to see and be close to other men."
"High five, Rilos."
"Why would you high five me, Vriany?"
"I'm giving the high five to Lyra, but she's in your body, so I have to high five you. If we work hard, we could get him to change the paintings in the western hall."
"I like those paintings."
"Rilos, they are ugly."
"No."
"Yes."
"I hate you."
"You always say that."
"I mean it."
"Yeah, right."
"Oh look, there's the Judge's room. What a perfect timing."
Rilos knocked on the door. I heard some footsteps coming towards the door. The knob turned and someone with their face blurred was in the opening of the door. The Judge must be a man.
"Hi, Judge. We have something we need to discuss with you."
"Come in, Rilos and Vriany."
"Lyra is here too, well, telepathically."
"Hello, Lyra. I hope we'll be able to see you soon."
"Hi."
The room was simple: a bed, wardrobe and a bathroom. There was a window with a couch next to it. Rilos and Vriany sat on the couch while the Judge sat on his bed.
"So, what brings you in my room in the middle of the night?"
Rilos summarized the events of the last hours.
"You had a council. What is your decision on the matter?"
"Although Vriany and I want to see her dead, we have decided for a duel and banishment from the castle. Liore and Talia brought her to the cells until then."
"I agree with your decision. Since you seem to have some trouble finding a suitable punishment for Satie, I'll give one to you. School groups will be coming soon to visit the castle, right? She can be the one doing the visit with them. It won't, in theory, hurt her. Plus, some children are hyperactive. It'll do her some good. Finally, I'm not getting any younger. Will you allow me to take an apprentice? There is a woman who is incorruptible, like me, working in a shop of the Eastern kingdom. I think she would be perfect for the job."
"Ask her if she wants it and if she does, bring her to see me. Is tomorrow a good time for the duel or do you want to bring the woman first?"
"Duel first. Train well and remember that you can only use one power. No, all of your powers don't count as one."
"It was worth the try."
"Go back to your soul-mate, Rilos. Get some sleep and training before the duel. I'll make the announcement for 3pm. Don't be late."
"Have I ever?"
"You think so and you beat yourself over it constantly. You have to come to term with this, Rilos. I'm sure that Lyra can help you with that."
"Vriany and you really need to shut your mouth about things that don't concern you."
"Your well-being concerns us."
"Especially if it involves Lyra."
"Why do I even hang out with you?"
"To stay sane."
"Sometimes I wonder if it works." said the Judge, smirking.
"I like those guys, Rilos."
"Why?"
"They tease and challenge you. I think it's good for you."
"The Queen has spoken, Rilos."
"I'm going back. I'll see you tomorrow, if I don't kill one of you."
"Lyra, talk to him, would you?"
"Sure."
"Don't give her ideas."
"Too late." Vriany and I said at the same time.
Rilos made a defeated noise before exiting the room.
"Rilos, how do I exit your head?"
"Project yourself towards your body. When you see it, enter your head."
I did as he told me. I was floating in our bedroom and I could see myself sleeping in our bed. I went inside my head and my eyes popped open. I sat upright and rubbed my eyes. This had to be the weirdest thing I had done in a long time. I was in a pyjama. Rilos must have changed me when I was asleep. I didn't know how to feel about that. I was happy that he did it, since it wouldn't wrinkle my dress, but at the same time, I was scared. Did he see me naked? Although I had put on some weight, I was still very skinny. Women were more voluptuous. Maybe he wouldn't want me. Wait, did I want him to want me? Why did I want him to want me?
"I could hear your brain working from the end of the hall."
I jumped. I hadn't heard him come in. Never do that again. My heart almost flew out of my chest.
"You can communicate like earlier. It doesn't change anything whether you're conscious or not."
My hands were still on my eyes. I moved them away slowly. Rilos was standing next to the door, in wolf form. I wasn't able to use my voice, yet. For some reason, it was blocked by my mind, in the same way my wolf was. I opted for how I did it earlier.
"Why are you in your wolf form?"
"Part of me thinks that it was just a dream. Another thinks it was just a one time thing and that you would still be scared after realizing what has happened. The last part hopes that the two others are mistaken. I didn't want to scare you."
"I'm not scared."
"Lyra, I can smell your fear."
"You being human is not what I'm scared of."
He changed into a human. His hair were loose and reached his elbows. His smile and eyes were warm. I think he was happy. Then I saw that he wasn't wearing a shirt. Saying that he was in shape would be an understatement. His muscles were well defined. He had definitely spending a lot of time training in the past months. I felt my blood rushing to my cheeks and I covered my eyes quickly with my hands.
"Could you put a shirt on, please?"
His voice rumbled deeply when he chuckled. I couldn't get enough of his laugh.
"Anything you want, sweetheart. I must say that it was an interesting reaction. I might go shirtless more often."
"If you do it in front of other women, I can't predict my reaction."
"I can, so I won't do it. Except for duels and the Dula. A shirt might get in the way. I promise I'll wear pants though."
"Don't put those kind of images in my head, I'm not ready."
I opened my eyes. He was still shirtless. I closed them again, my blushing getting worse than it already was.
"You liar, you didn't put on a shirt."
"Never said I did."
"You're mean."
"Now I put one on."
I opened one eye and he had put a shirt on. That shirt fitted perfectly and he still looked hot in it. Wait. What? I shook my head. I was more tired than I thought. Most of me was scared of these kinds of thoughts, but a small part of me was more than eager to look at him shirtless.
"Can I come closer?"
I nodded. He sat on the end of the bed, legs crossed.
"If me being human isn't what was scaring you, what was?"
"I'll tell you if you tell me about you beating yourself up for being late once."
He looked in my eyes, conflicted.
"Fine."
"You start though."
"If that's what you want."