Chapter 41: Leaping Over My Fear

Hey guys! Here is the new chapter :) Have fun reading it and don't forget to vote and comment! Love you all <3

Someone knocked at the door as soon as the sun got out of the horizon.
-Who is it?
-It's Talia, my Queen. May I come in? I need to speak to Satie.
I turned to Satie.
-Henina is really dead, isn't she? You promise?
-On my life, Lyra.
-You can come in Talia.
She came in, her auburn hair held in a braid and wearing her black uniform. She bowed.
-It's nice to finally see you face to face, my Queen.
-You can get up and call me Lyra, Talia.
-It would be an honour. Do you mind if I speak to Satie for a minute?
-Not at all. Don't mind me, I'll stand over there.
I caught bribes of their conversation. I heard the words "Rilos", "self-inflicted" and "anger". That was enough for my worries to go through the roof. I followed the link between Rilos and I, trying to grasp his emotions. There was so much pain and sadness inside him. It was because of me I knew it. I ran to Satie, grabbing her arm.
-You have to tell me what's happening to him.
-Lyra, you can't do anything. You're scared of him.
-I don't care. Even if I'm scared, he's my soul-mate. You have no right to keep that from me! I need to know because he's hurting and I'm the only one able to stop that pain. Please, Satie. It's hurting me as well. I can't go on with my life knowing that my actions are causing him that much pain.
-I can't tell you anything. I swore to him that I would keep my mouth shut.
I fell on my knees, tears of rage dampening my cheeks. Why was I so powerless? I had to find a way to stop his pain. When I fled from the castle, he had found me very fast. I remembered him mentioning following the link. I could do the same thing. I followed the link once more and saw a forest. I appeared there. Rilos was punching a tree, tears staining his face. His knuckles were bloodied. He threw a harder punch and the sound of his hand breaking filled the air. I was terrified, but his sadness in my heart was harder to bear. I ran to him, catching his wrists. I healed his hand at the same time.
-Stop it! Why are you doing this to yourself?
-What a vivid hallucination. My mind must have derailed from the pain.
-Rilos, it's me. It's really me. I'm here.
I took his face between my hands and turned it down towards mine.
-Look, I'm real. I healed your hand. Please, you need to stop hurting yourself.
-Lyra is scared of me. She'll never come close to me again.
-You're wrong. Right now I'm only scared for you, not of you. I don't like seeing you in so much pain.
A tear slid down my cheek and it was like a veil came off of Rilos' eyes. He blinked and shook his head. He encircled my waist with his arms and sat down with me on his lap.
-Lyra? It's really you? Oh, sweetheart, you must be really scared right now. I'll change into my wolf, don't worry.
-No. Just stay like this. Give me a moment.
-Okay, he whispered putting his chin on the top of my head.
I closed my eyes, my heart beating erratically. Everything is going to be fine. This is the real Rilos. He smells like rain, not like the one who attacked me. This Rilos is warm. The other was cold and I couldn't escape its grip. This one's hands are loosely put around my waist. If I wanted to, I could probably get out. He is the one who, instead of forcing me to realize how much he wanted me, goes elsewhere and punch it out. He is the one who saved me so many times; from Sadist, Henina and myself. He is the one who smile every time he sees me. He is the one that preferred to sleep outside than hurting me in his sleep. He is the one I started to fall in love with. My eyes fluttered open and I tilted my head up to see Rilos' face. He was looking at me, a small smile on the corner of his lips.
-Are you okay? Do you want me to change now?
I shook my head and his smile became larger.
-Does that mean that you aren't scared of me anymore?
My heart had returned to a normal rhythm and I didn't have the urge to run as far as I could.
-It think it's safe to say that I am no longer scared of you.
-Congratulations, sweetheart, he said kissing my forehead, you did so well. I thought that you would back off once you had calmed down, but you didn't. You are so brave, Lyra.
I smiled at him and looked around. The forest was now bathed in sunlight, which wasn't the case when I arrived.
-How long was I out?
-A good 7 hours.
-7 hours?! Your legs must be numb if I have been sitting on them for so long. Satie and Talia are going to be so worried!
I tried to get up to give his legs a break, but his grip was like iron.
-My legs are fine and, yes, Satie and Talia were freaking out. I talked to them and told them you were here with me.
-How can your legs be fine? I have been sitting on them for 7 hours!
-Didn't we established multiple times that I can do anything, he chuckled.
-Yes...
-Good. Do you want to go back? I have a feeling that you haven't eaten since forever.
-Yeah, sorry about that.
-Don't be sorry, it wasn't your fault.
I blinked and we were on our couch. Satie, Kylanne, Felia and Sanaelle were all sitting in different places looking anxious. They all moved their heads to where we had appeared and sighed in relief seeing us well and together.
-I told you that she was with me and unharmed, said Rilos.
-Knowing and seeing for yourself are two different things. And don't go thinking that we won't have a conversation about your escapade with Talia and Vriany. Tomorrow. Right now, we'll give you some privacy. Come on girls, said Satie angrily.
-Good to see that you are okay, Lyra, and with your soul-mate. See you tomorrow, said Felia.
They all went out, leaving us alone. Rilos smiled at me and sat me down on a chair, making the dinner appear. After we finished eating, he guided me to the garden and I sat down beside him.
-So, do you want to tell me what happened to you since the last time I saw you, he asked.
-If you give me the same courtesy, I replied.
-Of course.