Chapter 51: Pepper

Hey guys! We went from 6.28k views to 7.06k in less than a week! How amazing is that? It's seriously overwelming. I can't thank you enough for continuing to read and like the story. I love you all so much <3 Have fun reading this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment :)

I woke up energized and took a shower. After, I looked around, searching for Rilos. He was in the garden, seemingly talking to someone telepathically. I walked up behind him and put my hand on his shoulder, to notify him of my presence. He looked up, smiled and place his hand on top of mine, stroking his thumb on the back of my hand.
"Morning, sweetheart. You slept well?"
"Yes. Did you?"
"I did."
"Are you talking to someone?"
"I am," he said, surprised. "How do you know?"
I shrugged.
"It felt like you were."
His smile was radiant at my words.
"You are blinding me, Rilos. Why are you so happy with what I said?"
"For no reason, it just means that our link is getting stronger and every time you are getting closer to me makes me happy."
"If I can tell that you are talking telepathically to someone without our link being completely in place, will I be able to hear you talk to them when it actually is?"
"Yes. I'll tell you now: We will have no privacy at all once it is."
"Playing chess will be hard."
He laughed wholeheartedly, which made me smile. I liked making him happy since I had a slight tendency to bring him sadness.
"Yeah, it'll be. Let's play a few match before that, alright?"
I nodded and sat down on his crossed legs.
"It shouldn't take that much longer."
He nudged his nose against my temple.
"Finished," he said a few minutes later.
"Who were you talking to, if I can ask?"
"It was Zar and Zyl's mother. I was asking her to let me teach them a few more things. We agreed on this morning after breakfast."
"Let's go eat, then. We don't want to keep them waiting."
I pulled him inside and we ate.
"Do you think that Vriany could come by today, as a wolf?"
"I'm sure that he'll make some free time just for you. Why?"
"Maybe if I'm used to his wolf, I won't take as long to get used to his human side."
"That's a good idea, Lyra. I'll talk to him about it. It'll probably be after dinner, though."
"Fine with me."
"The girls will be coming soon and the twins are about to arrive, so I'll get going."
I hugged him before he went out.
"Don't go too hard on them."
"I promise. I'll see you for supper."
He opened the door and the girls came in.
"Ladies, take care of her, as usual."
"We will!"
He closed the door behind him.
"Do you know that your mood always drops when Rilos isn't there?" said Felia.
"No it doesn't."
"It totally does," confirmed Sanaelle.
"Tell them they're wrong, Kylanne."
"They aren't. Sorry," she replied.
"This is stupid. He can't always be with me. Do you think that he feels the same way?"
"He does, actually. He doesn't smile as much outside as he does with you, but it still is a lot better than when you weren't in his life. Anyway, absence makes the feelings grow," said Sanaelle.
The morning went rather quickly and after dinner, we heard some scratching at the door.
"My Queen? It's Vriany. May I come in?"
"Yes, you can."
The door didn't move.
"I can't open the door in this form."
"Sorry!"
I used telekinesis to open it. As soon as the blond wolf came in, Felia and Sanaelle bowed presenting their neck while Kylanne simply nodded her head at him.
"Why aren't you presenting him your throat?"
"We're technically at the same rank. I'm the future Alpha and he's the second. One day I'll be rank higher and he'll have to show me his."
"Don't go ahead of yourself, little girl. You still have a long way to go before that. You're not even an adult yet."
"Now, now you two. This is happening every time you see each other. Why not calm down a bit?" said Felia.
"Seriously? Every time?" I asked.
"Yeah. She was four years old, coming here for the first time, and said: "Why don't you bow to me?" It was hilarious. It still is."
"Do you want us to go, Lyra?"
I looked at Vriany, unsure of what to say.
"Kylanne, why don't you stay here? If something goes wrong, you'll be there to defuse the situation."
"Got it."
The other girls got out and Vriany and I played all afternoon. The door opened and closed, but I didn't pay much attention to it since I was busy pinning down Vriany and sprinkling his nose with pepper to make him sneeze.
"What exactly is going on here?"
"Rilos!"
I got off of Vriany and ran into his arms. He chuckled, returning my hug.
"Hi, sweetheart. How was your day?"
"Good. I played with Vriany."
"What was he doing under you?"
"Don't be jealous, Rilos. Apparently my sneeze is funny to your soul-mate and she wanted to hear it more. She put pepper in my nose."
"You did what? Where did you even find pepper?"
I hid it behind my back, trying to look as innocent as possible.
"What pepper? I don't see any."
It flew off my hands and into Rilos'. He shook it in front of me.
"This pepper."
"I may or may not have teleported it from the kitchen."
His lips twitched.
"Good job on that. Now go write an apology note and send it to the kitchen along with the pepper."
"Yes, your Majesty."
"Now, Vriany, you got pinned down by my little soul-mate who can't use all of her powers and can't even change? Are you sure that you are fit to be my second?" he joked.
"Don't say that to him, Rilos. He didn't even try to fight back."
"I didn't want to hurt her. I have sharp teeth and claws and she's only human."
"Training centre, tomorrow at eight in the morning."
"He just told you that he wasn't fighting me. Why would you make him fight for that?"
Vriany and Rilos looked at each other, laughing.
"It was already planned, sweetheart. I'm just saying that before he goes."
"Don't worry about it too much, Lyra. Although he always win, I can usually inflict some serious damage to him before."
"What?" I shouted before placing myself in front of Rilos.
"That probably wasn't the best thing to say to my soul-mate, Blondie."
"Sorry. "
"I'm not made of sugar, Lyra. I can handle a lot when it comes to injuries. I've been fighting for a long time."
"I still don't want to see you injured."
"He doesn't stay injured very long anyway. You should see how fast he heals his spine."
"YOU BROKE HIS SPINE?"
"I didn't."
"Way to go, Vriany. Do you understand how worried she'll be from now on every time I'll leave this room? It happened a long time ago, sweetheart."
"The opponent was very vicious. She's dead now, of course. I should probably go before I say something bad again."
"Thanks for coming, Vriany. I appreciated it. Let's do it again tomorrow."
"Sure, my Queen."
He ran out the door.
"Broke your spine?"
"It was fifty years ago."
"You let someone break your spine?"
"It's not like I let her do it. I didn't sense her teleport behind me and she broke it in one kick. It took me less than a second to heal it and I killed her after two minutes."
"Why were you fighting her?"
"She went nuts seeing her husband with another woman and decapitated them both."
"I would have said that she deserved to be killed for breaking your spine, but that's just me."
"Protective as always, aren't you?"
I shrugged my shoulders.
"You're mine. I don't like you being hurt."
"Can you say that again?"
"You're mine and I'm yours, Rilos. Forever."