Chapter 22: Getting Closer

Hey guys, hope you are doing well. I finished my first week of final exams, only one left do :) Also, thank you so much for 1.03k views, that's so crazy! You guys are the best. Here's the next chapter, have a nice weekend. Love you all! Thank you for liking the story so much <3.

The afternoon went as quickly as the morning. The neutral territory had Wulfric as well as normal schools. There was a shopping centre, some restaurants, gardens, a hospital and the castle. In the outskirt of the main city, there were houses with big backyards, because werewolves need space. Incredibly enough, there was no homeless wolves or orphans. Every wolf was given a home to live in and children who's parents had died were given a loving family. Rilos knew how to rule a kingdom. No wonder there was no wars; everyone was happy.
"Rilos is arriving, Lyra."
The door opened and Rilos came in. He was happy.
"Someone's happy."
"Yes, I am. We got the person who had made the nightmares."
My smile widened and I hugged him hard.
"You did? You took away his powers, didn't you? Bastard, scaring my Lyra like that."
Rilos coughed and raised an eyebrow.
"Fine, our Lyra. Who was it?"
"A guy named Trinar."
I know him.
"Who is it?" asked Satie.
He is one of Sadist followers. He took him for some kind of god. He always did what he asked him to do. I didn't know he had the power to control dreams.
"He had his coming-of-age ceremony not long before everything went down. Mikyan must have spoken to him at some point to make him do it. I'll talk to the Judge about Trinar, but I don't think he deserves to die for what he did. He didn't hurt anyone badly. We'll probably wipe his memories and give him new ones."
You can do that? He chuckled.
"I can do just about anything remember? The Judge is going to supervise everything, just to make sure I don't abuse of my powers."
He doesn't trust you?
"He does, but he's impartial. He does the same for everyone. That's how I want him to be. Someone who is not impartial, even to me, is not fit to be the Judge."
How did you find him?
"I went to see every dream weaver and asked them. Trinar started to reek of fear as soon as he saw me and then lied when I asked him if he had done it. I took off the protections that he had around him and saw what he had done. I took away his powers and brought him back here in jail."
"That's good, now he can't hurt anyone. I'll go eat with the other staff members and tell them not to worry anymore."
Bye, Satie!
"Have a nice evening, Lyra."
She went out.

****
"If you put my plate on the table, I swear that your wolf will never be black again."
"Fair enough."
The plate appeared in the garden. I kissed his nose.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome."
We ate amongst the flowers and I told him about the butterflies during the dinner. The closer we were to finishing the plates, the more uneasy he was. I didn't know why.
"Why are you uneasy, Rilos?"
"I am?"
"You are."
He made the plates vanished.
"I was wondering if you wanted to do the same experiment as yesterday."
I chuckled.
"No need to be nervous, I wanted to ask you the same thing."
"Oh, good."
"Can we do it here? I like this place. It's calming."
"Whatever you want, sweetheart."
He got up and was about to walk away when I added:
"You can stay closer, you know."
****

He sat near the door and waited for me to close my eyes. I did and breathed in. It would be a lie to say that I wasn't nervous. I was. Less than yesterday, but still enough for it to count. Eventually, my heart rate decreased.
"Are you okay, Lyra?"
Yes, I am.
"Good job, it only took you an hour to calm down."
Really?
"Yeah, you're doing great. Want me to come closer?"
Sure. I heard the flowers ruffling.
"Still alright?"
Yes. His voice was really close.
"Only half an hour after I came closer. I'm also much closer than I was yesterday."
How close?
"About a foot."
That is really close.
"Do you want me to go away a bit?"
No, it's fine. Sing for me?
"If it can make you calmer and happier."
It does. He sang, song after song. Light was fading. The night was taking her place in the world. The moon was bathing us in her light. I thought of something. I laid down on my back, face towards the sky.

****
"Rilos, if I am like this, do you think I'll be able to open my eyes?"
****

"I don't know, sweetheart. Do you want to try?"
I want to, but I'm scared.
"You can keep your eyes closed as long as you want. If you want to open them, I'll be there. Out of your field of vision, because I don't think you are ready for that."
I felt him lie down beside me, without touching me. I wanted to open my eyes, but I wasn't able. I laid there for I don't know how long. Finally, taking my courage with both hands, I opened them. Everything was fine. Nothing was scary. The night was dark and the moon was full, shining brightly. The stars looked like they were dancing. I held out my hand as to grab one. Something white and shiny came and floated in my hand.

****
"What is it? It looks like a firefly but it's not alive."
****

I closed my hand and my fingers went through it. Rilos chuckled.
"It's just a ball of light."
You can make a ball of light? Just like that?
"If you can imagine it, you can do it. It's the first lesson of the infinity power. Go ahead, try it."
I held out my other hand and imagined something identical but blue. It appeared in my hand. It was smaller but shined just as much. It was like having two suns in my hands.
"We can place them in a jar and keep them beside the bed if you want."
I would like that. Will they float in the jar or will they rest at the bottom?
"They will float if that's what you imagine them doing."
Will I have to always imagine them floating for them not to sink?
"No, once you've made something, it stays that way unless you imagine it doing something else."
Two small jars appeared over me, their lid opened.
"Move them inside."
I imagined the spheres inside them. They disappeared from my hands and appeared inside the jars.
"You used teleportation, very good. I thought you would move them in the jar."
This way is faster.
"Are you questioning my teaching, Lyra?"
No, sir. He laughed.
"You can do you as long as you don't hurt anyone."
Understood. The jars disappeared and a wolf entered my field of vision.
"Ready to go to sleep?"
Yes. I'll just put a pyjama first. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and got dressed to sleep. I hopped into bed and snuggled close to Rilos. The jars were next to the bed glowing white and blue. I chuckled, we had made them in the same colours as the bedroom.
"Good night, sweetheart."
Good night, Rilos.