Chapter 63: Sweetness Overdose

Hey guys! I feel like I'm back to the normal schedule with this chapter. It's a bit of a slow one, but I'm writing some bigger ones so don't give up :) Your support is what keeps me going. That and I really want to finish the story. I say that but I keep writing stuff I hadn't planned at all. Anyway, I love you all so much <3 Don't forget to vote and comment :)

We went back to our room. The staff avoided us, probably feeling how tense Rilos was. He relaxed as soon as the door closed behind us. I squeezed his hand.
"Feeling better now?"
"Yes. Stars, I had no idea I would get this protective of you. I've known most of the staff for years, and yet, I was about to rip their heads off because they were too close to you. I really hope I'll never actually do it."
"Don't be stupid, Rilos. I'll stop you before it happens. I'm the one you should be watching because I might not give them the same consideration since I don't know any of them."
"You'll know them soon enough. I just have to talk to Kylanne first. Speaking of the wolf, she's here."
As expected, there was a knock on the door.
"You can come in, Kylanne."
She came in, but kept her back against the door.
"Why are you staying there?"
"My mom told me that you were a bit stressed out by all the commotion so I'll stay away for the moment."
"I'm good, Kylanne. You can sit down."
She strode to the couch and took place on it. Rilos guided me to the other and sat me on his lap, putting his chin on my shoulder and his arms around me.
"I wanted to talk to you about your future, Kylanne. Controlling an element is not an easy task and requires practice and discipline. I gave you that power because I believe you can be the next Southern Alpha, but you will have to work hard in order not to lose control of it. I blocked it until now to avoid that. You are faced with a choice, Kylanne. You can either stay here and learn to control it with me or you can go back to the Southern kingdom to learn from your mothers. You don't have to give me your answer right away. You can go back home and talk about it with your parents. That was all I had to say for today."
"Thank you, my King, for giving me a choice."
"That's his favourite saying, apparently."
"It's not. I just say it a lot."
"What's your favourite, then?"
"I love you," he chuckled, kissing my neck.
"You better only say that one to me or I might get really, really furious."
"Don't worry, I promise."
"Good thing Felia isn't here or she would have threw up from the sweetness that surrounds you both."
"I bet you'll find someone and you'll be just as bad as we are," I laughed.
"I doubt it. You wanted to see my wolf, right?"
I nodded enthusiastically. She got down the couch and changed. Now, there was a big redheaded wolf in our bedroom. She was slightly smaller than Rilos', but his wolf was the biggest I had ever come across.
"She's beautiful, Kylanne. Congratulations," I smiled. "If mine was the same colour as my hair, we could be twins."
She wagged her tail, opening her mouth in a grin. She walked to us, put her front paws on my knees and licked the entire side of my face. Rilos smacked her muzzle lightly and she backed away, snickering.
"She's mine, Kylanne," he growled. "I do not like sharing."
She changed again and rubbed her nose.
"Sorry, she's way more playful than I am and seems to love teasing people."
"I like your wolf. She complements very well your usual personality. Don't worry about him. He's just grumpy because of all the attention I received. That and Ylna who snooped in his memories and found something he didn't want her to find. They ended up flooding the room with their water fight."
She shook her head disapprovingly.
"Sometimes I ask myself how she became the ruler of an entire kingdom."
"My bad," Rilos chuckled. "Your mother is still in the conference room if you want to go see her."
"Alright, I'll do that. I'll see you soon, Lyra."
"Okay!"
She went out, closing the door behind her. Food appeared in front of us.
"Is it time to eat already?"
"Yes and you have to eat everything because you'll need energy for this afternoon. We are going to meet a lot of people and you need to remember every single one of them."
"Really?" I asked, discouraged.
"No, I was kidding. I don't expect you to remember them after meeting them just once. Since you'll now be able to move in the castle freely, you'll see them often and will eventually know them all. They'll come to you instinctively anyway."
"Why?"
"You have that kind of aura around you. You're the type of person who will listen to them, praise them when they do something right and scold them when they do something wrong without being actually mean. You're their perfect little Queen."
"I'm not perfect, Rilos. I have flaws, scars."
"Being perfect doesn't mean not having scars; it's learning to live with them and turning them into something positive. You do that very well. Beside, you don't have flaws."
"You are so biased, you have no idea."
"Most probably, but your flaws are a part of you. What kind of bad soul-mate would I be if I wasn't able to like them as well?" he said, taking my lobe between his teeth.
He knew very well that it was one of my weak point and, as expected, I let out a small whimper. My plate slipped out of my hands, but I made it float before it hit the ground.
"Be careful. Wasting food is a bad habit." he continued, licking my pulse.
I shivered, my body becoming hotter. My heart was beating fast in anticipation while my brain was screaming that we had other things to do.
"Rilos... We can't. We have to meet the staff. You told them we would." I moaned.
My stomach clenched as he nipped my shoulder, slowly unfastening my dress. Curse this body who responds too well to his touch. He knew how to play with me until I became putty. My resolve was weakening at each touch of his lips on my skin.
"They'll wait. You require my entire attention."
He flipped us so I was lying down on the couch and he was hovering over me.
"You can always stop me if you want," he smiled, quoting me.
In the end, I couldn't bring myself to stop him.
Despite this slight delay, we were able to meet everyone before supper. I wanted to eat with them in the dining hall, but I could feel that Rilos was having trouble staying calm so I didn't say anything. We would have other occasions to do it and one meal wouldn't change much in my eternal life. We fell asleep in each other's arms while I smiled at the progresses I had made today.