Chapter 60: Exploding Stars

Hey guys! I know, it's been a while, but I had such a difficult time writing this chapter. It is much longer than what I usually post, but I think that it is good nonetheless. Hopefully, you'll like it just as much. You might have noticed that I changed how the dialogues are written. I also changed all of the other chapters (which took much longer than I thought). Another thing: 12.4k views!! This is so awesome, you guys :D I love you all <3 Have fun reading and don't forget to vote and comment :)

    I couldn't feel anything, with reason: I was floating at least a meter above my bed and didn't have any clothes on. Had he made love to me despite his objections? That didn't explain my floating around. I couldn't see him anywhere in the room. The bathroom door had been repaired and was closed. He was probably in there. I tried to fly down, but I wasn't able to.
    "Rilos?" I called, slightly panicking.
    He appeared under me, half-naked, and caught me as I stopped floating. I sighed happily feeling his skin against mine and rubbed my cheek on his shoulder.
    "Sorry about that, sweetheart. I didn't have much of a choice; you would scream every time something touched your skin, including sheets and clothes."
I pouted when he made a night gown appear on me.
    "Why are you half-naked then?"
    "Because you kept making my shirts disappear."
Good job unconscious Lyra.
    "Why are you smiling like that?"
    "No reason."
    "Right," he said skeptically.
He sat me at the table and a bowl full of pastas and meat sauce popped in front of me.
    "Rilos, this is too much. I won't eat all of this."
    "Eat as much as you can. I don't know how long your break will last this time and you spent a lot of energy trashing around."
Oh, I would have to make the most of it, then. I passed the gown over my head, throwing it on the floor behind me nonchalantly.
    "Lyra, what are you doing?"
    "I didn't want to get it dirty so I took it off."
    "Please put it back on."
    "Or what?"
    "Don't play around with me, Lyra. It's not funny."
I looked at him square in the eyes.
    "I am not playing around, Rilos," I said sincerely.
He swallowed hard, his pupils dilating. Exactly how I wanted him to react.
    "Lyra, I'm having a really difficult time controlling myself. Back off, please, while you still can."
    "I won't. You're not the only one who's having trouble controlling themselves. I'm just very good at dissimulating what I want. The fact that I hid all your shirts while I was unconscious kind of gives it away, doesn't it? Do you really think that I didn't feel anything every time you took off your shirt when we fought? Do you really think that I don't feel any desire at your touches, hugs and kisses? Rilos, I was burning inside way before I was injected this drug."
Rilos' knuckles were white from gripping the table.
    "You don't know what you are getting yourself into, Lyra."
    "I know exactly what I'm getting into, Rilo," I chuckled, getting up.
I walked to him and took his face between my hands.
    "You can always stop me if you want," I murmured.
    "Continue like that and it's going to be my line."
He placed his hands on my hips.
    "Are you sure about this, Lyra?"
    "I am standing up naked in front of you, Rilos. How sure do you think I am?" I smiled, kissing him.
He searched my eyes for something. I could see his hesitation, but mostly, how vulnerable he was.
    "This is not the drug talking, Rilos, although it is kind of forcing my hand right now. This is me desiring you because you are my soul-mate and because I've been wanting to do this with you for a long time. I just never had the courage to act on it. I want to do this, Rilos, drug or not. If you want to wait until this has passed, it's fine because I will still want you afterwards. Don't think that you'll be able to escape it once that's the case, though. You won't have excuses anymore. I'm ready now, Rilos. The question is: Are you?"
    His lips met mine roughly. Our tongues dancing started a fire that, for once, had nothing to do with the drug. It didn't feel similar at all and I wouldn't, in no way, complain. He pulled back, his eyes entirely black and I bet mine were no different.
    "I'll take that as a "yes"."
    "If you think that it's anything but a "yes", I'll wonder what is wrong with you," he grinned.
He hungrily claimed my mouth, but drew back too quickly. I pouted.
    "I just want you to know that you can stop me any time if you start feeling uncomfortable. I will not be mad at you, no matter in what state you leave me."
    "Rilos, less talking."
    "Yes, your Majesty," he chuckled, capturing my lips once again.
I suggest you skip this part if you aren't comfortable with anything sexual ;)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He picked me up and, his lips never leaving mine, slowly put me down on the bed. My hands left his face and trailed down to map his broad shoulders, his sculpted biceps, pectorals and abs. I reached his pants and tugged on them, trying to make him take them off. He laughed against my mouth, pushing my arms away.
    "Oh, no, Lyra. These stay on until I have explored your entire body and made you see the stars."
My eyes popped open, blood creeping up on my face.
    "You don't really mean that, do you?"
His growing smile confirmed my thoughts.
    "I mean every word."
    His lips trailed down my neck, nibbling and licking it. A soft mewl escaped me when he got to the junction between my neck and my shoulder. I covered my mouth, embarrassed by the sound. Rilos looked at me like I had just given him an entire cake.
    "I definitely want to hear more of that."
He pulled my hands away, gently placing a kiss in both of my palms.
    "Don't be shy, sweetheart. I like hearing the sounds you can make for me."
    He continued to suck on that particular spot until I was out of breath. Lightning had started to run under my skin and, while it wasn't totally unpleasant, I wanted Rilos to make them go away.
    "Rilos," I whined.
    His eyes met mine and, like he understood what I wanted, slid his head lower, laying butterfly kisses on the valley between my breasts. Goosebumps broke on my body when I felt his teeth scrape the skin close to my navel.
    "Sorry," he muttered, kissing it.
    "Don't apologize, I liked it," I said timidly.
    "Really?"
He went back up and stopped over my heart, where my soul-mate tattoo was. He smiled softly before pressing his lips on it.
    "You know, I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing that tattoo. It looks beautiful on your skin."
His voice was hoarse, filled with emotions. I reached out and touched his with the tips of my fingers.
    "I'm glad that you have the same one," I replied.
    "Me too, sweetheart, me too."
    Feeling his breath on my skin made me very aware of how exposed I was. I covered myself, suddenly recovering a bit of shyness. He chuckled, kissing the back of my hands.
    "It's fine if you're not ready for me to go there. I'll wait for you to be."
    "It's... It's not that. It's just... I'm not...," I stammered.
    "If you are about to say that you are not beautiful, you will be lying big time. You are the most stunning being there is to me."
    "Aren't you a tad biased?" I said, blood rushing to my cheeks.
    "Maybe, but what does it change for you? Do you need validation from someone else?"
    "No," I laughed.
Those were the words I had served him a few months ago.
    "Good, because I'm right. You can leave your hands there if you want. I'll work with what you give me."
    His lips traveled down my stomach, his tongue occasionally dipping from between them to taste my skin. He kissed the inside of my thigh and my lower abdomen clenched in response.
    "Oh, Lyra. I can smell your desire and it is mouth-watering." he growled.
He moved up and, as he arrived a breath away from my centre, paused when he heard me inhale quickly.
    "Do you want me to stop?"
    My heart was thundering in my ears. Was I nervous? Yes. Was I excited? Yes. Was I scared? No, not in the slightest. I trusted Rilos with my life, stars, I trusted him with my heart even if he didn't know he had it. How could I not trust him with my body?
    "No. Please don't stop."
    His smile was blinding, but not as much as the touch of his tongue on me. Each stroke made something build up inside my lower abdomen. He put his fingers to work, making my body arch and my hands grip the sheets. My head was going blank. I needed something. I didn't know what, but I needed it.
    "Rilos," I breathed shakily.
    "Let go, Lyra. I'll catch you, I promise."
    I screamed his name as the stars he had promised me exploded behind my eyes. I came back to my senses, my heart slowing down to a normal rate. Rilos was hovering over me, pure joy and love plastered on his face.
    "You were ravishing, sweetheart. Absolutely gorgeous," he murmured, softly kissing my forehead.
    I looked around, my mind still foggy, and noticed burn marks on the bed posts and the walls. Rilos chuckled when he saw what I was eyeing out.
    "You lost control over your powers a little bit. I'll have to remember that so I can protect our furniture next time."
    "Yeah, we don't want the castle to burn to the ground because you were making me see the stars. I don't think people would like us destroying it every time we do things like this."
    His grin grew larger. I didn't know whether it was because I had admitted to how much his actions had just affected me or because I had basically promised him that there would be another time. Either way, he wasn't wrong. And the second would come sooner than he thought. I was far from done with him. I gave him a devilish smile before flipping him under me. He inhaled sharply when I sat on his stomach.
    "Lyra, this is a really bad idea. You are playing with something you can't control and I don't think I can either at this point."
His hands were gripping my thighs. I lowered my head and brushed my lips on his.
    "I don't want your control, Rilos."   
    "Please don't say that."
    "I trust you not to hurt me."
    "I don't know if I trust myself."
    "You'll just have to stop me before anything happens, then."
    I kissed his pulse beneath his jaw, trailing down to his shoulder. There, I licked back up to where I had started just to see what it felt like. I loved feeling the grain of his skin on my tongue and how salty it tasted. However, the best part was the grunt he made and feeling his heartbeat increase dramatically under my palm.
    I decided to push his boundaries even further. I looked him in the eyes and bit his collarbone. Not enough to draw blood but it left a good imprint on his skin. The growl that escaped his mouth was the most exciting sound I had ever heard. His nails dug into my skin and he threw his head back. His eyes were pitch black, his breathing erratic. My mouth opened in an astonished smile. He was drop-dead gorgeous. He sat back up, making me straddle his lap.
    "You did not seriously just did that," he panted.
    "Oh, but I did. Was that a bad thing?" I asked, doubt filling my mind.
    "Do you hear me complaining, sweetheart?" he chuckled. "But I suggest that you don't do it too much or else I may not be as gentlemanly as I am now."
    "Don't tempt me, Rilos."
    "You're naked, on top of me, and you tell me not to be tempting?"
    "Speaking of which: you are way too dressed for my liking."
    "Lyra..."
He had a stern look on his face.
    "They will be coming off before this is over, you know? You can either take them off yourself or I will make them disappear and you'll never find them again."
    "Hey, I like those pants."
    "Honestly, I think we will both like them more on the floor." I said, sticking out my tongue at him.
    In an instant, my tongue was inside his mouth and he was kissing the living daylights out of me. He pulled away when spots began to dance in my vision.
    "I told you that I would eat your tongue if you showed it to me again." he smirked.
    "You were serious?"
    "I'm always serious and I just proved it to you."
    "How much were you when you said that you would make love to me one day?"
    "Dead serious."
    "Care to prove it to me now?"
He looked me in the eyes, gently stroking my sides with his hands.
    "Are you absolutely sure about this?"
    "I am and I think you are too," I smiled, grinding myself against him and finding him more than ready.
    "Stars, Lyra." he hissed. "Where did you get this attitude from?"
    "Built up frustration, mostly."
    "Maybe, I should bring it down, then."
    His lips met mine, tenderly, passionately, lovingly. His hands moved up and ghosted over my chest, waiting for a sign on my part. I gripped his hair and pushed myself against them. He explored, caressing and stroking. I moaned in his mouth, overwhelmed by the sensation. His hands moved back down, one settling on my thigh and the other between my legs. His fingers danced on me, making my breathing become erratic and shallow. My hands left his hair and tugged on his pants. This time, he didn't stop me from removing them. I gripped his arms and gulped down, seeing him for the first time.
    "Still sure, Lyra?" he asked, softly moving my hair away from my face.
    I nodded. I felt him stretch and fill me. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, my nails digging into his back. Rilos peppered my shoulder with kisses, waiting for me to be ready before he moved again. His hand snuck back between us and started to play with me. Electricity started running under my skin once more. I wanted, needed, him to move. I looked into his eyes. Like he understood, he gave me a dizzying kiss, pulling himself out and going back in. He found a rhythm that made me writhe in his arms and maintained it until he hit a spot that sent fire throughout my entire body. A cry escaped my lips and, hearing that, Rilos teased it mercilessly. The feeling I had experienced earlier came rushing back.
    "Rilos... I..."
    "Go ahead, sweetheart. Don't be scared. I'm here for you."
    His name resonated in the room as waves crashed over me. He groaned mine and I felt heat spread inside me. Our lips met and exhaustion took over my body.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was lying down on our bed. Rilos was beside me, playing with my hair. He had the sweetest smile I had ever seen on his face.
    "You better had not been lying when you said that we would do it more, because I don't think I'll be satisfied with just one time."
    "I don't want this to be the only time either."
    "It's a promise, then." he said, kissing my nose.
    "Yeah."
I thought about something. The reason why I had started this.
    "Why didn't the drug activate yet?"
    "We probably appeased it for a little while. Why don't you sleep before it starts again? You'll need it."
    "Okay."
I snuggled closer to him, encircling his torso with my arms and putting my forehead against his chest. Rilos closed his arms around me and soon after, so did the night.