Chapter 62: Secrets Rarely Stay Secret

Hey guys! I know it's been a while. I am so sorry, but I just started school so I had a lot to do. I'll get back to two or three days between chapter soon, I promise. On another note, I found myself in the undiscovered of the werewolf section. It was weird and awesome at the same time. Also, we're at 13.4k views :D So cool, you guys! I can't believe you still like the story and hopefully you'll like this chapter as well. Love you all and don't forget to vote and comment <3

    We passed the door and every Alpha, along with Vriany, Satie and Talia, were sitting at the table. They heard the door slam and turned towards us. Relief illuminated their faces seeing me standing on my own feet. They all got up and were about to run to me when I felt Rilos tense up beside me. He had probably spent all of his control earlier in the hall. I slid my hand in his and he pulled me to him so my back rested against his torso.
    "Everyone I'm really happy to see you, but I think you should stay at a reasonable distance for now."
Vriany gave one look to Rilos and immediately understood.
    "Feeling protective today, uh?" he asked, smiling.
Zynelle stopped dead in her tracks.
    "How protective is he?"
    "Seriously-injure-you protective."
They all slowly backed away.
    "We will stay away, Rilos. She's safe. You can relax."
    "Sorry. I reached my limit for today. We walked from our room to here and we were obviously ambushed by some of the staff."
    "Poor Rilos. You're not used to caring so much about someone, are you?" laughed Prior.
    "Shut up," he grumbled, guiding me to our seats.
    "I could tell you that it'll stop, but I would be lying," added Ylna.
    "You never stop caring," ended Prior.
Once we were all seated, Satie looked at us.
    "What happened?"
    "There was a drug in the syringe and if Lyra hadn't jump between the assailant and I, we wouldn't be here talking to you."
    "It would have killed you?"
    "Yes."
    "But Lyra got injected. How come you didn't die?"
    "This particular drug interacts differently whether you're a man or a woman. A man will die and a woman will go through horrible pain for days."
    "Was it worse than the separation pain?" asked Ylna.
    "It was different, but equally painful. It was like burning from the inside-out and it never stopped. I had my heart burned numerous times by Sadist and it didn't hurt nearly as much."
    "So you endured fourteen days of that?"
    "No. We found a solution but it took two weeks for the drug to get out of me."
    "What kind of solution?"
    I blushed profusely and hid my face against Rilos' arm. He chuckled deeply and stroke my head.
    "I think we'll leave it at that," he smiled.
    "Don't say anything, Elun. I will seriously make you sleep on the balcony until winter takes over." I mumbled.
    "Rilos, you finally got a nickname! It's a cute one too. Soul-mate. Good choice, Lyra," said Satie.
    "Levian gave him one. It's Riri," smirked Prior.
    "That is not a cute nickname," groaned Rilos.
    "Neither is Vivianne, but he lets you call him that."
    "Like he has a choice."
    "You always have a choice," everyone replied at the same time.
    "Is that something you say a lot by any chance, Rilos?" I asked, giggling.
    "Apparently. Anything happened while we were unable to be contacted?"
    "We had a small earthquake in the Eastern kingdom, but we got it under control. There were no casualties."
    "Good. Has anyone reclaimed the assailant's body?"
    "Her family. They had nothing to do with her actions and didn't know how she got involved in something like that. We checked."
    "Thank you. I'll go see them and apologize."
    "You're going to apologize because she tried to kill you? Am I missing something?" I asked, perplexed.
    "See? I'm not the only one who think it's stupid to do something like that," voiced Talia.
    "I'm going to apologize because I had other options and I chose to kill her."
    "She tried to kill you! What did you want to do? Lock her up for the rest of her life? I didn't give her more than 60 years. So, 140 years in jail. That's a long time, Rilos, even for a werewolf."
    "At least she would have been alive. I could have changed her memories. I could have tried to find out why she wanted me dead and maybe fix the issue. Point is, I killed her because I let my emotions cloud my judgement."
    "YOUR EMOTIONS?" I shouted, slamming my hands on the table and jumping on my feet. Keeshee was growling inside me. "You're a werewolf, not a robot! You can't prevent yourself from having emotions. It's not healthy for you or for Jinary. The only reason you didn't act rationally, was because I was hurt. You told me yourself that we would do anything to protect our soul-mate. That woman knew that you had a soul-mate, meaning she knew the consequences of attacking me. She was a grown adult capable of taking her own decisions and she made the wrong one. And you didn't kill her, Kylanne did. You asked her if she wanted to do it and she did. She could have said no and anyone could have stopped her, even me, but I wanted her to die. If Myrie hadn't held me back, I would have killed her because she tried to end your life. And I wouldn't have apologized for defending my soul-mate by any mean possible."
    "Lyra..." he murmured, laying an appeasing hand on mine.
    "No. I'm tired of seeing you take the blame for everything that happens around you. The majority aren't even close to being your fault. I don't want you to apologize because someone tried to kill you. That's not how it's supposed to work. If someone wanted to take your place, they could have simply convoked you to a duel instead of being a coward and sending another person to attack you."
    "Lyra," he said more forcefully. "This isn't about me or you. It's about a family who just lost one of their own. It doesn't matter whether her death was justified or not; they will mourn her nonetheless. If my apology can put a balm on their heart, I'll step over my pride any time. My wolves are more important than that."
    "I never said that they weren't," I replied softly. "I know that they are. I'm sure that they'll become as important to me soon enough, but for now, I just don't like you apologizing for something you weren't entirely responsible for."
    "I remember having the same conversation with Myrie. We never agreed on who was right. I guess it depends on the perspectives. I bet your opinions would change if you switched positions. Don't get mad at each other because you want to protect something that is dear to you. Get mad because Rilos had a breach in his defence by arguing with you and we know exactly what you did to help reduce the effects of the drug."
    "You didn't."
    "Oh, but I did. Was that a bad thing?" she smirked.
    That was what I had said to him word for word. This was mortifying. Rilos dumped an entire body of water on Ylna and they started fighting with it. The others protected themselves with what they could, mainly the table. I ducked under it with them; I didn't want to get wet either. They all smiled sweetly at me.
    "Congratulation on getting over your fear, little Queen," said Zynelle, ruffling my hair.
    "I didn't know you had that much aggressiveness in you. It was truly inspirational," added Prior.
    "Ylna was the one who went through your defences. We just happened to see since we share our thoughts with her," continued Sivir.
    "It's fine, don't worry about it. I just can't believe you all know what happened. I thought it would stay a secret for a little longer."
    Vriany, Satie and Talia snickered. I raised an eyebrow at them.
    "What's so funny?"
    "Nothing, nothing. It's just that we had already figured out what had happened," grinned Talia.
    My eyes widened.
    "Don't look so surprised, Lyra. We've known Rilos for decades now and we've seen how you interact with each other. You have both reached a new level of overprotectiveness. The way you reacted when he told you he was going to apologize is an example of how far you've come and how far you'd go for him. I bet that if you had your wolf, she would have shown up," said Satie.
    "She definitely would have," I smiled, putting one hand on my heart, where Keeshee had started to calm down.
    Suddenly, it began to rain in the room. My, my, time to put an end to this. I got out from under the table after creating a protective field that prevented me from getting soaked. I walked to Rilos, taking care of dodging the water balls that were thrown from one side to the other. I caught his wrist.
    "Enough, Elun. You're going to flood the entire castle if you continue like that."
    The rain stopped, but Rilos received a snowball directly on his face. I formed a giant wave and made it engulf Ylna.
    "That was directed to you too, Ylna. Hurting my soul-mate will get you nowhere except for the hospital. I won't say it twice."
    "Scary, scary," she coughed.
    I turned back towards Rilos, connecting his gaze with mine.
    "I'm sorry. I over-reacted."
    "No, it's okay. You were mad because you thought I was once again blaming myself over something I shouldn't. You were right. I shouldn't blame myself for defending you because that's in my nature. I was born to protect you like you were born to protect me."
    "I won't be mad if you apologize to her family as long as you don't blame yourself."
    "It's settled," he smiled, kissing my lips.
    "Get a room, you two," said Ylna.
    "It's nothing you've never seen before," he replied.
    "Rilos!" I scoffed, scandalized, swatting the back of his head.
    "I was joking. Come on, I think we're done here."
    He placed his hand on the small of my back.
    "We'll get going. We have a lot of things to do. We'll see you soon, everyone."
    They all bid us goodbye. We were about to pass the door when Rilos turned back.
    "Oh, Ylna. Don't forget to clean this place."

Abnormal Little Me (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें