Chapter 90: Of Course, We Ended Up Both Soaked

Hey guys! This chapter is smaller than usual (still over a thousand words) but I think it's cute nonetheless. Beside, we needed that after last chapter, don't you think? Especially with what's coming relatively soon. I had a great idea, not sure if I'll include it or not, but if I do, it's going to be awesome! I really shouldn't have that kind of idea since I should focus on ending the book, but I can't help myself :P Anyway, have fun reading this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment :) Love you all <3

To my surprise, Rilos decided to sit on the edge of the bathtub, his back towards the water. I thought he would take place as far away from me as he could, but I guess he sensed that I needed him closer than simply in the same room.
"I did."
"You did what?" I inquired.
"Sense that you needed me close. I felt it."
"I wonder why it still surprises me. Please don't say that you're full of surprise."
"I wasn't about to say that, but now I feel like I have to. I'm full of..."
I had pulled him backwards before he could complete his sentence. He fell in the bath, sending water flying everywhere. I couldn't help but laugh at the dumbfounded look on his face when he emerged from under the water. His expression softened and he smiled gently, his eyes sparkling with what I could only describe as love. Stars, what had I done to deserve someone like him? He continued to love me no matter how many times I doubted myself or him.
"You are so defenceless. Are you even aware of that?"
"What do you mean?"
"You just pulled me into a bath with you naked in it, and yet, you act like nothing strange is going on. You haven't covered yourself even after realizing what was happening."
"Am I supposed to hide myself from you?" I wondered, tilting my head to the side. Rubber band stretching. I know that I'm pushing his limits, Keeshee, but he's the one who's scared to make a move on me, not the other way around.
"Lyra, not that I don't like seeing you naked, I really, really enjoy it, but now may not be the best moment."
"Why? Is it because I just killed people?"
"Believe me, sweetheart, under normal circumstances I would have jumped on you first. Do you know how happy I was that you were able to change? Add to that that you did it to protect me."
"Why are you running away then? Is it because of Keeshee? Did she do something wrong? Am I..."
"Woah, stop right there, Lyra. You are not in any way at fault here. I'm the one who doesn't want to take this further. I'm..." He sighed. "I'm terrified of hurting you, be it by accident or on purpose."
I crawled to him and delicately placing my lips on his for a brief moment as if I was trying not to spook him.
"Thank you, Rilos."
"What for?"
"For trusting me with your fears. I'll stop pushing your limits now that you told me."
"You already knew why I didn't want to see you naked, didn't you?"
"Well, since I wasn't the scared one and that we are only two in this equation, it was a logical assumption. Beside, our link isn't a one-way street." I got out of the tub. "And you do know that we will have to work on that since I've told you before about wanting you to bite me, right?"
"Lyra..." he grumbled with a stern voice. He was holding a towel, his other hand covering his eyes but not his blushing. Cute.
"Being on the receiving end is not as fun, is it?" I chuckled, taking the towel and, rather than drying myself with it, dropped it on the floor, preferring to transform into my wolf. I shook my fur vigorously, slipped on the wet floor in the process and fell on my side. I was stunned for a moment, but quickly laughed, as well as I could in this form. I had forgotten that claws and slippery tiles didn't work well together.
"Stars, are you okay? Did you hit your head?" he fretted, jumping out of the bath and running to me. I nodded, more worried about him slipping and hurting himself than my possible injuries. "You can use your powers even in your wolf form, Lyra. You've seen me do it many times. You are no different."
I rolled my eyes, got back on my feet, well, paws, and projected my voice.
"It's the first time I have both my wolf and my powers at the same time since I exist. I might need a little bit of time to adjust. Were you always this small, by the way?"
"First, I am currently sitting down. Second, your wolf is the one who's big."
"What are you talking about? I'm 2ft 5in to the shoulder, max. I'm a small wolf."
"You are 4ft at the very least. I'll take a leap and say that you are the same size as me in this form."
I was speechless. How could I have grown almost 2ft in such a short amount of time? I had stopped growing when I was 12 both as a human and as a wolf.
"Sweetheart, we are not normal wolves, you know that. And as much as I like our height difference, I think it's better if our wolves are about the same size."
"Why?"
"That way, I won't be scared to let Jinary take control while Keeshee is in control as well. I know that he would never in a million years hurt her, but since they can't use our powers when we aren't 'there', the only option she has is brute force if anything happens. Had she been 2ft smaller, I would have been reluctant to give up my control."
"Don't lie," I protested, bumping him with my head. "You are always reluctant to give up control no matter what the situation is. And don't worry about Keeshee. She can take care of herself. She is very cunning and resourceful. She just killed eight people by herself for the love of the stars. How safe do you think I am with her in control? Beside, like you, I don't think Jinary would hurt her, accidentally or intentionally."
"He does love you both more than anything. We could stay here, like this, for as long as our body allow us, just to look at you, but we have people waiting at the door," he said, getting up. Wow, I really was bigger than I thought.
"Do you want me to change or can I stay as a wolf?"
"Do what you want, sweetheart. I'm not here to control you. Except when you try to blow up everything around us."
I stood on my back paws, placing the front ones on Rilos' shoulders, and bit his nose. It was not enough to draw blood, but he felt it.
"Smart-ass," I growled, freeing him and exiting the bathroom.