Chapter 15

The next day Jason woke up early so he can start on his plan. He wrote a note for Charm, so she wouldn't have to worry about him. After he finished he left the note on his side of the bed and looked at Charm. "I'll be back my little rose, don't you worry". He gave her a quick kiss on the head and left out. Not to long after, Charm began to wake up. She rolled over to feel the spot next to her empty. She opened her eyes to see that Jason wasn't there. "Jason"? She sat up in bed and saw the note on the pillow. She picked it up and read what it said.

'Dear Charm, I had to go out and do a few things at my toy shop so don't worry. I'll be back by tonight and when I get back we can do whatever you want, I love you.

Love Jason'.

Charm sighed and placed the note down. 'I wonder what he's up to"? She just shrugged if off and started to get ready. After she was dressed she left out the room and went down stairs with everyone". "Hi Charm". "You feeling okay"? "I'm fine". "Wheres Jason"? "He went to his toy shop, he'll be back by tonight". "Alright". Charm sat down between L.J and Candy Pop. After a while she just looked at the floor and sighed. 'Man, it sure is boring without Jason here with me'.

"Hey Charm". "Hm"? Charm looked up at L.J who was smiling at her. "You okay"? "Yeah, just a bit bored". "Well if your bored you can always hang out with me". Charm quivered a brow as she looked at him. Charm didn't really think L.J was a bad guy, it's just the last time they really talked she was holding her sword to his throat. "Are you sure, we don't really talk much"? "Well how about we start"? Charm still wasn't sure, but she didn't want to just sit around all day". "Alright, so what do you want to do"? "Well.......how about we got to my carnival, I have all kinds of fun stuff there"! "Sounds fun". "Alright lets go"! L.J grabbed Charm's hand and lead her out the mansion. As the left, Candy Pop watched with a worried look on his face.

'This might not be a good thing'.

The entire day went by and Charm actually had fun hanging out with Laughing Jack. They went on rides, at cotton candy, and got to know each other a bit better. Is soon started to get dark, so Charm decided they should get back home before Jason got back. As the two walked they kept talking more about one another. "So that really happened"? "Yup, not that I regret it anyway. That kid had it coming, you should never miss with good old Laughing Jack". "Haha, your funny L.J, I really had fun today". "I'm glade to hear that". "So, we'er good, even after the whole.......". "You threatening to cut my head off"? Charm placed her hand behind her head and laughed nervously. "Yeah".

"Look don't worry about it. Knowing all the drama you went through since we meet, I can't hold that against you". "That's.......really nice of you". "Hey, consider me a good friend". L.J pull a lollipop out his pocket and and gave it to Charm . "Thanks". She smiled at him making him blush a bit.

After a few more feet of walking, they finally made it back. Once they walked in Jason ran up to them. "There you are my little rose, where have you been"? "Oh, I went with L.J to his carnival". Jason looked up at L.J and held in a growl. L.J only smiled at him and said. "I thought I keep her company while you where gone". "Well I'm back, so I'll be taking her now". "Alright". "Come on Charm, let's go to your rose field". "Okay, bye L.J". "See ya' later". Charm waved at him while Jason practically pushed her out the door.

Once they left, Laughing Jack still stood there and looked at the door. "Hey". Jeff came into the room and saw him. "You okay"? "Yeah, I'm fine". "So how was the day with Charm"? "It was great, she's a real fun person to be around". L.J looked back at the door and chuckled. "Jason is really lucky guy".

As Jason and Charm walked to the field Charm started talking about the fun time she had with L.J. Jason didn't feel very comfortable with her talking about him. "So he didn't do anything........ to much did he"? "No. Why do you ask"? "No reason, I just want to make sure m little rose is safe". "Don't worry Jason, as long as I'm with you, I'll be just fine". Charm held onto Jason's arm and kissed his cheek. Jason smiled as they kept walking. It didn't take them long to get to the field. They sat in their usual spot and looked up at the night sky. As they did Charm decided to ask Jason something that has been on her mind all day.

"Jason"? "Yes"? "What have you been doing all day"? Jason just smiled and turned on his side to look at her. "I was working on something". "What"? "I can't tell you yet". "Why"? "I want it to be a surprise, but don't worry, you'll see it soon". Jason kiss the top of her head while she just gave him a weird look. After a while they just talked to each other while they looked up at the sky. "Hey Jason". "Hm"? "Why do you love me" ? "What"? Jason sat up a bit while he looked at her. "It's not that I don't believe that you love me, I just want to know why. The real reason you want to always be with me".Jason just looked at her for a while. No one has really asked him that before so he did really know what to say. "The really reason"? He looked over to the side and sighed.

"Well I guess it's because............you actually want to stay with me". "What"? Charm sat up and looked at Jason as he spoke. "You already know how I am. I make "friends" and turn them into doll when they can't seem to stay my friends, that something I always did, but there was this one girl who I truly thought was my friend but she just.........forgot me". Charm listened to ever word and felt kinda bad. "What was her name"? "Maggie. She was a fun person to be around. I always made her toys we laughed and played together all the time, but then one day she ran away from me". "Why"? "I don't know, I tried so hard to make her happy, but she didn't appreciate what I did for her. I just can't stand a un-loyal friend". Jason's eyes began to glow green at the thought of it. Charm quickly hug him to calm him down since she hated seeing him upset. Jason sighed and smiled down at her.

"That's why I'm happy to have you. A real friend who loves me even if I kill. You actually understand me Charm, that's the only thing I ever wanted". Charm giggled and hugged him tighter. "I'm happy to know that I can make you that happy Jason. To me you are a really good friend". "Your a good friend to Charm". Jason hugged her back and kissed her head. "So that's why I love you. You the only friend who loves me enough to stay my friend". "I will always be your friend Jason, don't ever forget that". "I won't". They held each other tightly while they layed back in the grass. Jason ran his fingers through Charm's hair while she slowly started to fall asleep.

"Jason"? "Hm"? "Remember when I said I don't want to do anything for my birthday"? "Yes". "Well........can I at least spend the day with you". "Of course my little rose. We can have a good time tomorrow". "Good.........." Charm buried her head into his chest and fell asleep. Jason smiled and slowly picked her up. "Don't worry my little rose, we'll have a very fun time tomorrow". Jason got up from the ground and started walking out the field.