Chapter 9

Jason Pov

'I have to find her! I just have to find her'! I was running through the woods trying to find Charm. I ran through many trees and got a few cuts from the branches. "Charm! Charm"! I kept calling her name, but got no reply back.  I kept running around doing whatever I could to find her. As I ran the words she said earlier repeated in my head. 'And for this.............I don't deserve to live anymore'. 'Oh Charm please be okay, I will find you'. I kept running, but stopped and leaned on a tree to catch my breath. "Charm! Please Charm come back"! I kept yelling and yelling, but I still didn't hear any reply. I looked down at the ground an fell to my knees.

 'I can't lose her. I just can't! She's one of the best friends I ever had. She's kind, loyal, funny, smart and all kinds of wonderful things'. As I thought I reached into my jacket and took out the rose she gave me. A small smile came on my face as I thought of the day she gave me this. 'Just remember, that no matter what, we will always be friends'. 'Friends. For some reason that word isn't comfortable with me anymore, but why'? I started to think about all the good times we had. When she helps me make toys, go for walks, and she even sometimes likes to play with Liquorice. 'She was always so cute'. Her beautiful smile, her dazzling eyes, and the way she sword fights is just amazing. Everything about her is amazing. At that moment it hit me. 'Wait.........am I in-'?

 "Jason"!

 "Huh"?

 I turned around to see the others running to me. I quickly got up from the ground as they ran up to me. "Jason are you okay"? "We heard you yelling on our way back home". "No I'm not okay, Charm ran off". "What"? "Why"? "It's a long story, but she got her memory back and wasn't very happy with it". "Where did she go"? "I don't know, but we need to find her because I'm scared she'll kill herself". "What"!? Everyone yelled and looked at one another. "Well we better get moving! Where did you last see her"? "I was chasing her through the woods a while ago, but I lost track of her". "Well we need to split up. Just look around town to try to find her and if we can't find her by the time the sun comes up, meet back at the mansion".

 Everyone nodded and went off in different directions. Jason stayed in place and stared at the rose in his hand. "You okay"? Candy Pop saw how he was and stayed behind."No.............I'm afraid I might actually lose the one real friend I have". "Look Jason we'll find her, she couldn't have gone far. Besides you'll still have me as a friend". I rolled my eyes at his comment, but still smiled. "Thanks Candy". "Well lets get going, we need to look for her". I nodded and we ran off. I put the rose back in my jacket and started to think of where Charm might be.

 'Alright, she probably wouldn't have gone back to the mansion and I don't think she would head by my toy shop either. Where could she be'? I kept thinking and started to think back before all this. 'She would probably be somewhere that's important to her, a place that would be connected to her grandmother. Her grandmother'. 

"That's it"!

Charm Pov

I slowly walked through the darkness of the streets trying to get where I need to be. Tears still stained my face as the memories of all those people's screams echoed through my head. 'I can't believe I did something like that. I killed off everything that was important to me. I always say I would be the one to honor my family, but in the end I'm the one who dishonored it'. More tears went down my face as I kept walking down the empty street. After a few more blocks I finally made it. I walked up to a gate and read the sign above it. 

'Cemetery'.

 I sighed softly and pushed open the gate. I walked inside and walked past some of the grave stones that were around the area.  I looked at each one making sure I get to the right one. After a few minutes of walking I finally stopped at one of them. I got down on my knees and placed my hands down in my lap. I looked at the grave stone and read what was on it. 'Violet Roseville, a beautiful, loyal and kind women'. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. 

"Hello grandmother". I said aloud. "It's been a while. I'm sorry I haven't come sooner, but I've been going through some things". I did my best to keep myself together as I spoke. "Grandmother..............I am so sorry". I said with my voice cracking. "I'm so sorry for what I've done. You always taught me to keep our family name going, but all I did was shed blood on it". A few tears escaped her eyes as I continued. "All I wanted was to be like you, a strong and brilliant person, but I'm nothing but a shameful person. I'm.............I'm so sorry"!

 By this time I started breaking down in tears, but still continued to speak. "I am not worthy of be called a Roseville after the horrible thing I've done. I killed mother and father, and everyone who was ever close to us. All because I was angry at them.I was foolish to let my anger out on them! I just didn't know what else to do at the time". I wiped away some of my tears and reached behind my neck. I un-clipped my choker and placed it on the ground in front of the grave stone. "I know you might not want me to do this but.................I just can go on knowing what I've done".

 I then took my scabbard  from my side and took hold of the handle. I slowly took my sword out and held it in front of me. "I'm very sorry grandmother". I dropped the scabbard and put the sword to my throat. "But just know that even if your disappointed in me, I will always love you". I held onto the handle tightly and held my breath. 'Goodbye Jason'. A tear went down my cheek and I began to move my arm.

 "CHARM NO"!