Calling Out The Obvious

Comment and vote please!<3 

Jackie's  POV 

As I reached the condo, I couldn't find the strength in me to put a smile on my face and pretend everything was okay... Because nothing was okay. 

"What happened?" Dennis asked in a worried voice just as I closed  the door. "You ran out of here like a bat out of hell. Kinda worried me there." 

I picked up the flowers from the floor and looked at them. They were beautiful and Brian must've spent a fortune on them. I couldn't take my eyes off them... That's when I noticed the card attatched to the plastic fork. 

"I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more,  just to be the man who walks 1,000 miles to fall down at your door. I love you.

I felt uterly confused. My mind was going crazy with all these questions I had. 

"Nothing." I replied walking into the kitchen to put them in a vase. I didn't want to talk to anyone but Brian. 

"Jacqueline, what's wrong?" My dad asked, stirring the spoon in his mug. 

I threw the flowers on the island, opening the cupboard and reaching for a vase. Just then, Dennis arrived in the kitchen as well. I ignored the both of them as I poured some water into the vase and carefully placed the flowers in it. 

"I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more,  just to be the man who walks 1,000 miles to fall down at your door. I love you." Dennis read the card, leaning up against the counter. "Brian was here." I nodded.  "Where'd he go?" I shrugged. "You're going to have to talk sometime." 

"Are you Brian?" I asked using a harsh attitude. 

He chuckled, "Obviously not." 

"Then I suggest you shut up." 

"Jacqueline!" My dad shouted, "That's no way to talk to a friend!" I continued to ignore him but stopped once he took the flowers and vase away from me. I was forced to look at him. "Stop it. What happened?" 

"Nothing." I coldly said. 

"Bullshit." Dennis added, "Something must've happened. You're in tears. There's a box of chocolate on the floor and a bouquet of roses infront of you but the person who gave it to you isn't near here. What went wrong?"

"It's just," I paused for a second, gathering my thoughts. It wasn't easy to say; I was still confused. "I don't know what happened. I got the door and it was Brian. I got so happy and I asked what is he doing here then he starts saying he's pathetic and I felt so confused and lost. He took off running. I don't know what happened. I feel like I fucked up this time." 

Dennis threw his arm over me, "You didn't do anything. What else did he say?" 

I shrugged, "Something about wanting to work things out but he's sorry?" 

My dad chuckled, "What? That doesn't make sense! Then he just left? There's holes in this little dilema. Something doesn't add up."

I couldn't respond because I didn't even know how to. "When I saw him I thought, God's finally brought him back into my life, you know? Like, this is it, he's back and he's staying for good, we're working things out." I shook my head in disappointment at the high expectations I had, "If anyone is pathetic between the both of us it's me. I'm so stupid... I chased after him." 

"You still love him." My dad called out the obvious. 

I looked at him and shot him a rough glare, "Not shit dad." I released a sigh, "I'm gonna knock out." 

"It's barely seven..." Dennis informed me. 

"Well to me it's already late okay? Just leave me alone. I don't want to talk to anyone." I hurried down the hallway only to stop infront of my mom. She gave me a sympathetic look and lowered her head, continuing walking out to the kitchen area. 

I  was a bit surprised at why she gave me that look. The last I saw it was when I got my valedictorian title taken away from me because I had one absence in high school. I remember that day; I cried into her arms. She felt so bad so she took me to Bloomingdale's and bought me anything I wanted. I was kind of a spoiled brat. 

I entered my room gaining a feeling that something bad was going to happen... I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew it was just around the corner.