One of My Best Regrets

I'm glad you all love me again. Let's hold hands and spin in circles lol

Thank you all btw<3. 

After a week of things going back to how they were between Jackie and I, I think it's safe to say, we're going steady. 

But we still weren't one of the stablest couples ever. She was busy moving some of her things from New York back to California. It made me utmost happy that she's returning. But at the same time, I felt like I was stealing her away from her parents... Technically Marlene was. 

"You're total is $94.50." The cashier from Nike told Dan. 

I'm not quite sure why he buys shoes that are over eighty dollars, but I shouldn't be one to talk, I also buy Docs that I rarely ever wear. 

"Thank you for shopping. Come again soon." 

"Thank you." Dan and I said in unison as he took the bag off the counter and made our way out to the shopping center. 

We walked around a bit more, buying more clothes than probably all of the females around the shopping center bought. But I deserve it. I work hard for my money. 

"Shit." Dan cursed, staring down at his new iPhone which was now on the floor. He picked it up and saw the crack, "Well looks like I'm gonna need a new phone." 

"One day, you're fine with that one." I teased. I looked up at the store beside us and saw it was Tiffany's. I remember coming here just a few days after Jackie had came from New York the first time. I bought her those earrings that she wears constantly. I was abruptly drawn to the diamond ring in the window display. "Holy shit. Look at this." 

Dan took the spot beside me, staring intensely at the ring itself, "That's really nice." 

"C'mon." I led him inside the store, removing the aviators from my face. "Oh my God." 

"Hello and welcome to Tiffany's. I'm Sarah, can I help you with anything today?" A lady in her mid-forties asked, approaching us. 

"Can I see that ring in the window, in the red case?" I asked, timidly. Dan shot me a you're kidding me look. 

She smiled, walking towards the display case, "Certainly. We actually have more carats here in our engagement case. Are you looking to propose to a lovely lady soon?" 

"No he's not." Dan argued, "Do you know what you're doing? Zacky, her parents and your parents are going to be in an eternal shit shock if you buy this ring."

I rolled my eyes, defending myself, "Dude, chill. I'm just looking. So where are these engagement rings?" 

"Right in front of you sir," The diamonds shined so bright, nearly blinding me. "These range from 0.25 carat to 2.5 carats. The larger the diamond, the higher the price." One in particularly caught my eye. It's as if this lady knew which one it was, that psychic woman, "The one you're looking at is called The Tiffany Setting. It ranges from three thousand to fifty-three thousand." 

"Can I see it?" She nodded, pulling out the ring from the cushion it was in. It caught my eye and captured my soul. I knew this was the ring I was meant to get for Jackie. I know it's way too soon to even be thinking about this since we're barely fixing our relationship, but I've been searching for the perfect ring for her my entire life... Sort of "This is it Dan. This is the ring." I said inspecting the beauty of it. 

He didn't say anything at first, but him being one of my best friends, I knew what he was thinking. "Hey man, if you want to buy it for her, then by all means, do. I got your back."