Face To Face With The Enemy

Jackie's POV

This was one of the nicest hotels I'd ever been in. It came with a king size bed, a balcony, a sitting room, two bathrooms and a kitchen. It does sound like a mediocre hotel room but he way it was modeled had perfection written all over it.

"Baseball, here we come!" Brian sung, fixing his new Dodgers cap, which fit his head perfectly, "How do I look?" He did a quick spin under the doorway. His hair was sticking out of the sides of the hat, which made him look extra hot. There's nothing better than seeing the hottest guy ever looking even more hot. 

I gave him a thumbs up, "You look fucking cute. Are you ready to meet some competition?" I asked slipping into my pullover.

He rolled his eyes, "I think the question is are THEY ready to meet some competition? I'm going to be walking in with the most beautiful woman in the whole wide world." He pecked my lips, "Now come on. I wanna see these baseball players you call 'work'." He opened the door, making his way out to my truck which we had driven in from Huntington. It was a really long ride and most of the time, Brian was sleeping.

"Am I going to meet this Andrew guy today?" He asked, popping a strawberry into his mouth.

"He is the coach of the team. But I think it's only pitching practice today. So I don't think you'll meet him today. But you will meet him one day." I took my eyes off the road only to catch Brian starring at me with admiration, "What?"

He shook his head, "You're just really beautiful. I know we've been together for like a week and a day but it's felt like we've been together our entire lives."

I smiled timidly, "Maybe in some strange way we have been together our entire lives."

"You're on some good shit babe." He popped another strawberry into his mouth as I pulled into the parking lot of Camelback Ranch. "This is the place? It's so small. Looks like a high school baseball field."

I parked the car in a spot then got out, Brian following my steps. We walked, hand in hand to the entrance of the stadium. There stood Andre Ethier, another good Dodger batter, dressed in warm-up gear.

"Hey Jackie, nice to see you're back in blue." He said giving me a quick hug. "How long are you staying for?"

"Just one week. After this we're leaving back home. Oh, I'm sorry, Brian this is Andre. Andre this is Brian, my boyfriend." Saying those words made me so giddy. I've been waiting to say them for eleven years already.

Brian and Andre shook hands, respectably. He didn't seem to possessive over me, which is something I liked, "Nice to meet you. I've seen you play. You're pretty good." Brian slid his hands into his pockets.

"Thanks man. Gotta put in work on and off season." They began to engage in a conversation while I replied to a text from Marlene. At least Brian was talking to someone other than me. He needs to socialize and make friends with everyone so he can see these guys are not out to get me. "You'll be staying with Jackie for the week?"

He nodded, "Yeah. That's the plan. Unless I get an early notice from my band to go back to California."

"You're in a band? That's awesome what band are you in? I thought you looked very familiar." Andre said, resting his weight on one foot while he stretched another. I was getting kind of bored just standing there listening to my boyfriend and my colleague.

"Avenged Sev-

"Sevenfold! Of course! My little sister loves you guys. She's been to so many concerts. This is so awesome. Do you mind if after practice you take a picture with me so I can send it to her?" He was getting really excited and seemed to be fan boying a little. "She loves you and I think is name is Zacky V? Or B?"