Ready, Set, Run

Normal POV chapter. 

The weeks had passed rather quickly and the guys managed to make it to the West Coast with out a problem.

Brian, however, wouldn't be joining them. Once the show in Pomona finished, Dan helped him pack his things and separate what was being taken back to Huntington and what was being taken to New York. It was such a hassle but it was for a good cause. 

The whole way to New York, he was thinking of what he was going to say to her. It had dawned on him that he didn't even know how he was going to approach her. He didn't want to approach her empty handed but he was also still on a budget until the big touring funds came in. So definitely Tiffany's jewelery was out of the question. 

As the plane landed, Brian checked his reservation at the Hilton and quickly made his way down to the entrance of the airport to catch a  cab. He avoided many fans on his way but once he was in, he was on his way to the hotel. But before he got there, he stopped by a local flower shop, bought some flowers the headed to a Sees Candy store and bought the biggest heart candy shaped box ever. It was entirely cliche, but it was last minute and it worked on Jackie once before. 

At the hotel, Brian got cleaned up and took a two hour nap... Or so he thought. He woke up at six fifty and realized he was way off schedule. He quickly jumped out of the bed, grabbing everything he needed. 

He made sure he looked spiffy by wearing his Docs, black jeans, a plain black shirt and his black jacket. He took a look at himself in the mirror thinking he looked as if he was going to a funeral. Then again, if she rejected him, there might be one to attend. 

He hailed a cab and requested to be taken to Jackie's parents house since that's where she would be. He still didn't know what he was going to say, but he needed to get her back. He'd gone long enough not speaking to her and it killed him. Maybe a kiss from her would bring him back to life. 

Jackie sat on the couch with Dennis by her side. She didn't plan on him coming over but after a ten page text explaining how the girl he had been going out with dumped his ass, she welcomed him. 

They'd been playing MLB 2010 for the past two hours, neither of them were tired of it. It kept their mind off things. Specially Jackie's. She'd been thinking of Brian, nonstop and she didn't want to annoy Dennis by speaking only of him.

Brian finally reached the floor the condo was on. He took one look at the number two pinned against the door and swallowed his pride with flowers and chocolates in his hands. He knocked on the door, feeling the butterflies taker over his stomach. It nearly made him sick. 

"I'll get it." Jackie said, pressing pause and standing up from the couch. She sprinted to the door and looked through the peephole. Her mind, heart and stomach were going AWOL as she pressed her back against the door. The sight of Brian was bittersweet; he looked thinner and way more healthier but she freaked. She had realized she still didn't answer the door so she unlocked the chain and cracked the door slightly open. "Hi." Was all she could get out with out screaming like a fangirl. 

He smiled and cleared his throat, "Uh, hey." 

"What are... What are you doing here? I, uh, I thought you were back in Hun-"

"Fuck!" Dennis shouted just as he lost the game 9-12. 

Brian's heart broke, assuming the worst... He came to the assumption that she already found someone else. He released a weak laugh, taking a look at the bouquet of roses, "I'm pathetic." 

"Brian, no you're not." 

"Yes I am! Look at me? I came all the way from California to bring you a bouquet of roses and some fucking chocolate. I just... Here. I'm sorry I fucked things up again. That's all I came to say. I wanted to work things out but... I'm sorry." He shoved the items in her hands and quickly walked away.

She felt so lost. "Brian where are you going?" She shouted as he took off down the hallway. 

"Away from here. I'm sorry. I honestly thought you'd wait for me, but I was completely wrong. Ignore the fucking card okay? I'm sorry." The elevator doors opened and Brian got in. 

Jackie's mom had been standing right behind the door the whole time, hearing everything that was happening. She wasn't going to lie; she felt bad.

"Brian!" Jackie shouted once more to see maybe he'd return. Nothing. She let out a moan in frustration. "This can't be happening." 

 She wouldn't let him leave like that. She ran back into the condo and grabbed a jacket, swinging it around her torso as fast as possible. 

"Where you going dude? I thought we were gonna play?" Dennis asked as he popped a few chips into his mouth. 

"I'll be back."

"Where are you going?" Her mom asked, curious that maybe she could help her. 

"Mind your business." She cried and took off into the hallway.

As taken back as her mom was, she didn't know what to reply to that. Her daughter was standing up for herself and  it was clear she didn't need to tell her mom anything. 

She could've sworn she ran a mile. The elevator was taking forever so she decided to take the stairs which weren't far from the elevator itself. She used all her strength and prayed her legs didn't fail her. Luckily they didn't. She reached the lobby rather fast and out of breath.

Making a circle in the spot she was standing in, she desperately looked for Brian. But he wasn't anywhere. 

She ran outside, looking up and down the street. No luck. 

"Fuck!" She shouted, pulling at her hair.

What did he mean that was all he came to say? What did he mean he wanted to work things out but he's sorry? Why wouldn't he even give her a chance to speak? What made him run?