When The Past Comes To Visit You Got To Think Twice

Part 2! (A Little Short)

Brian placed the napkin on his lap, clearing his throat. I really wanted to hear what he had to say about how we met. I imagined him making it sound magical, even though to me it was. "Well. It started off the summer of 1999. She had came to Huntington Beach for vacation. Her cousin is my band mate."

"Oh you're in a band?" Nelly asked, taking a sip of her water.

He nodded, "Avenged Sevenfold. Anyways, she came and stole my heart at first sight. I was really shy when it came to talking to her, but our friend who just recently passed made me talk to her. I don't regret it. Since then, she's pretty much had me."

I smiled, letting a pink shade take over my cheeks, "And you've pretty much had me too."

"So when do you plan on popping the question?" Andrew asked as the waiter placed our food infront of us. The smell of smoked steak filled my nostrils making my mouth water. I love meat.

"I barely got her back. That's like baking a cake then eating it as soon as it came out of the oven. I don't think we're quite ready for that." Brian replied, taking his fork and stabbing the New York strip steak infront of him. I agreed. We were far from that. I couldn't have said it better myself.

"Barely got her back? What happened? I thought you two were together for years already." Andrew sarcastically spat. "You two seem so happy together."

"Give it a break." I said, feeling a little fed up. Nelly, Andrew and Brian looked at me. I continued to direct my attention to Andrew, "You knew I was engaged to Jesse. You can't act like you didn't have a clue."

He chewed a piece of his golden brown salmon, "Wow. Apparently you can't take a joke."

"Honey, it's not the time to joke around like this." Nelly told him. "Let's have a nice dinner. No fighting or bickering." I looked down at my plate and popped a fry into my mouth, although it was burning hot, I chewed it with care. "So if you two have been in love for I'd say eleven years, how come you two never got together?"

I swallowed hard just as Brian spoke for me, "Life and fate had different things in store for us. In the end, we found each other. It was the plan all along to end up together." The smile on his face told me that he really wanted this just as bad as I did. But of course, the moment had to be killed. Andrew chuckled beneath a breath. "What?" Brian asked.

"Nothing. It's nothing. You two make it seem like you are completely in love when I bet you two haven't even thought about how it's going to work out when he goes on tour." He spoke to my directly. "I me-"

"Hey." Brian said getting worked up. "I love her and I'm not about to cheat on her with some cheap piece of ass. She's the only piece of ass that I'm willing to make love to. I've waited for her this long. Two months isn't anything."

Andrew swallowed hard and picked up his glass of what I assume to be gin, "Yes okay. But if you were with another woman while you and Jacqueline didn't speak, what makes you think you'll be faithful to her once you and your band begin to tour?"

Shit, I thought to myself, I knew this was a bad idea. "Okay, can we stop fighting?" Brian lowered his head, not speaking another word. He was thinking and it began to frighten me. Something told me something was terribly wrong with him.

"I think I just lost my appetite. Jackie, I'll wait for you in the car." He stood up, throwing his napkin on the plate. "It was nice meeting you Penelope."

"Brian!" I shouted, still seated. I hesitated to run after him. I didn't want to be rude to my boss and his wife. "Uh..."

"You just can't keep your mouth shut, can you Andrew? You have to speak up all the time. This is their relationship! Whatever happens between them is their business." She placed her hand on top of mine which was on the table, "I'm so sorry. Is he going to be alright?"