Dad's Always Right

Brian's POV

Days passed and the night seemed longer than usual. I couldn't fall asleep because there wasn't someone next to me, or someone kicking me with their foot. 

I missed Jackie; a lot. It was hard getting through the days with out thinking of Jackie and how I threw her out of my life like that. I mean, she did cheat on me. But I cheated on her too. I could've talked things over with her. I shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion. I didn't even give her a second to speak. That was the reason why I drank; to forget about her and the fact that I missed her. But that's why everyone wants me sober. I need to calm down and patch things up with myself before I can even take the next step and call her.

However, not being able to drink made things completely worse. I couldn't relax. Everything was stressing me out. I felt like the world was against me when I knew everyone wasn't. It was so tempting to reach into the fridge and pull a beer out. But it seemed whenever I'd try, one of the guys would  slam it shut. I appreciate everything they've done but I need a fix. 

"How're you feeling today Brian?" Matt asked as I walked into the front area. He lightly pat my shoulder then reached into a cabinet for some crackers. 

I shrugged, "I have a headache. I'm just really happy it's a day off." I threw myself onto the couch and laid back, watching Arin and Johnny play Guitar Hero. I wasn't ever really into playing games, but I sure did enjoy watching them. 

"Well we're getting to the hotel in a bit. We only got a suite since we're leaving tomorrow morning. We asked for no alcoholic beverages there." He smiled and threw me a bottled water which landed on my stomach, "Because we care." 

I rolled my eyes, "Assholes." 

As the bus came to a halt in Des Moines, Iowa, we got off and made our way to the suite. The hotel wasn't a five star, I can guarantee you that much. The place needed work and I did not want to go to our room if it looked the way the lobby did. 

But we're on a tour-budget, so it's our only choice. 

"Look! They have a Denny's inside!" Arin shouted after Zacky complained how he was oh-so hungry. 

"C'mon we should go eat! They're taking our bags up anyways." Zacky replied as everyone followed him to the entrance. 

Instead, I kept walking straight with the bellboy. I was far from hungry. I had a killer headache and all I wanted to do was sleep the whole day. 

"Bri! Aren't you coming?" Matt asked turning around. I shook my head, "Good. There's something waiting for you upstairs. I'm pretty sure you'll like it. We thought you might need it." 

Thoughts ran threw my head; could it be a six pack? Could it be Rum? Could it be Jackie? 

Just thinking about her name made my stomach do somersaults. I turned on my heel and took off sprinting to the elevators to catch up to the bellboys and our luggage. 

I didn't know what I was going to do if it was her. I was going to go crazy. What am I going to say? Holy shit. I thought to myself. 

It seemed I had spaced out the whole way there because next thing you know, I was standing in the doorway.

"When you're done unloading, you can leave the cart outside your door." The bellboy said leaving my presence. 

"Thanks." I handed him a very nice tip then walked inside the suite. Maybe he can give that tip to management and they can fix up the broken chair in the lobby. 

I noticed a few bags already placed on a couch. I quickly dropped mine and followed the ray of light that beamed out from a door that was cracked open a bit. There was noise coming from the room so I knew someone was in there.