The End Of Me

DID YA'LL HEAR? AVENGED SEVENFOLD'S ALBUM COVER LOOKS AMAZING! HAIL TO THE KING<333

Comment and vote :) 

"Yes!" She shrieked, her hands shaking with excitement and nerves. 

Brian's heart went from pounding like he just ran a race, to being calm. He took out the ring from the box and carefully slid it onto her finger. Tears of joy left her eyes, while a smile of satisfaction grew on Brian's face. 

"Do you like it?" He asked, mumbling into the crook of her neck as he held her in his embrace.

He put her down, so she could get a view of the rock on her finger. With out a doubt, she loved the ring. It fit her perfectly. 

"Yes, Brian! I don't think you have a clue to how much I love it. It's perfect baby." She pressed her lips to his for a quick kiss. "Oh my God, I'm getting married." She giggled. 

He smiled, moving some hair away from her face, "We're getting married. This is the best impulsive decision I've ever made." 

She shook her head. "Please don't ruin this moment," she chuckled, "Just leave it at that." 

"Can I tell you something?" He asked to which she nodded. "I've been thinking about this since we reconciled and it's been the only thing on my mind. I've talked to the guys about whether or not I'm using this," he raised her hand, exposing the ring, "As a band-aid. I've thought about whether or not I'm doing this because i think it'll fix everything. I've thought about everything we've both done. At the end of everything, I realized I'm not. I want this. I know for a fact that you and I can work through our problems. I don't want anyone else but you. My life without you was just meaningless. These past few months were horrible. It made me realize the love I have for you isn't meant to be thrown away. I promise, I won't walk away anymore..."

"I don't ever want to lose you Brian." 

"You never will. And I know I'll never lose you." 

"Tonight scared me." She admitted, letting the moment become calm. "I can't imagine living without you..." 

"Twelve years later, I'm still next to you. You're still the one." He said, looking into her green eyes that he admired so much. 

They quickly turned glossy, making her eyes leak, "I know. I'm sorry for everything in the past. I promise it will never happen again. You're the one I'm going to marry and the one I'm going to grow old with." 

"Babe, the past is the past for a reason. Let's not bring it up, okay?" She nodded, as he wiped the tears away, "Good. Let's move past this. I love you." 

She pushed herself up to his level, parting her lips so that his could perfectly fit between her's. He loved the way she kissed him. 

"I love you too." She said, moving away from the kiss for only a second. 

The morning came too quickly for Brian and Jackie. 

One minute, they were talking about how they wanted their wedding, the next Jackie was waking up to the sun hitting her face. She squinted and forced herself to sit up, only to find Brian, dead asleep. 

With out wanting to distrub his beauty sleep, she picked up her clothes and got dressed. She checked her reflection in the mirror for any make up that smeared. Nothing. She was good. 

For the first time in a few days, she didn't feel bad about herself. After the previous night, Brian made her feel beautiful. That's all she needed.  

She quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face, then headed downstairs to let Brian sleep a bit more. 

Reaching the last step, she heard noise coming from the kitchen. She walked in to see Marlene making herself a cup of coffee and some toast on wheat bread. It was way too early for Marlene to even be there. She distinctly remembered saying her flight came in at ten in the morning. 

"Well, well, isn't it a little late to be waking up?" Marlene asked, sipping on her coffee. 

Jackie laughed and poured herself a glass of orange juice,  "No. It's barely like nine. Isn't it a little too early to be home?" 

Marlene shook her head, fixing her toast, "I said I was coming home by eleven. The airport isn't that far from the house dude. It's like five minutes away. I caught an early fli-" She paused, widening her eyes and noticing something that wasn't there before. "Jackie what's that?" 

"What's what?" She asked, drinking some more orange juice, completely oblivious to the fact that Marlene had just seen the ring on her finger. 

Marlene stood up and took her hand away from the cup. "This ring. What is it and why is it on a finger that only... Jackie? Did he..." She nodded, "Oh my God!" She screamed, jumping up and down. "When the fuck was this?" 

"Ahh-uh, well-"

There were foot steps heard coming down the stairs. Marlene and Jackie turned to see Brian walking into the kitchen doing the walk of shame.  

"Good morning ladies. Uh, I wish I could stay and chat but Matt called me and I kind of need to go but-"

"Congrats on the engagement." Marlene announced, smiling at him. 

He returned the smile, which grew widely, "Thank you." 

"I better be invited to the wedding." 

"You're gonna be in it." Jackie assured her. "You were saying you needed to leave babe?" 

He nodded, "Matt called and we have a meeting about the tour. I have to go but we can go out for lunch, if that's okay with you?" 

Jackie nodded,  "Yeah. Be safe babe." 

He sprinted up to her, giving her a quick peck on the lips before waving and showing himself out the door. 

Marlene shook her head and grinned, "That boy will be the end of you." 

Jackie knew he'd be the end of her, but after every ending, there's a good beginning, right? 

"Yeah, he's the end of me alright."