Testing The Waters

I had to add my favorite baseball player in here, because I love him<333:*

Waking up today was a little harder than I expected. After we got on the bus, we headed down to a bar and had some drinks. The party didn't stop there. We got to the hotel around three in the morning and had a few more beers and drinks. Next thing I knew, I was slurring but still very aware of what I was doing... Or at least I think I was.

I pushed the covers off my body and noticed beer cans under the covers with me. Last night must have gotten out of hand in my part.

My phone started vibrating on the night stand. I picked it up, it was Jackie. I felt really happy to be seeing her calling me. It felt like ages that I hadn't spoken to her.

"Hey baby." I said with a raunchy voice.

"Hi..." Was all she said. Her tone really started to worry me. It was like one of those tones where you know you've done something wrong.

"You sound excited to hear me."

"I'm just... Nevermind. How'd you wake up this morning?"

I shrugged and got out of the bed. As my feet touched the floor, my head started to pound. "Ow, it could be worse. How's work?"

"I wouldn't know. I'm not there yet." She replied with a short answer.

"Oh. Are you mad at me or something?" I walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. "You sound really pissed or bothered about something."

She giggled above a laugh, "Why would I be? I have to go. I just got to work."

"Babe, wait. I want to know what I did? Did I say something?" I leaned up against the counter, trying to think of anything I would have said to piss her off. But nothing came to mind.

"Brian, I need to go. I have work to do. It's opening day. I'm going to be extremely busy. Take care of yourself."

"Wait!" I shouted, hoping she wouldn't hand up. "Wait, can we Skype later? Or text? I really miss you."

"Doesn't seem like it but sure."

I smiled, "But I do... Have a good day at work babe. I love you."

After a mutual goodbye, we hung up and got ready for the day. Even with a pounding headache, I managed to head down to Zacky's room for breakfast with the crew.

"Goodmorning." I said, walking in with my glasses on, attempting to hide the pain that was glowing in my eyes. And the light since it bothered me so much.

I was greeted by a chorus of 'hellos' in various forms. Everyone was already sitting down at the table, digging into their food.

"How'd you wake up Brian? You had so much shit last night. We lost count after the last Smirnoff bottle." Matt said.

I removed my glasses and raised my eyebrows, popping a piece of bacon that Val was making into my mouth. "I feel fine. Why wouldn't I feel fine? It's just a hang over."

"Did she leave you alone?" He asked.

I stopped in my tracks, "What? Who? What are you talking about?" I was clueless and completely confused. Who was this she Matt was speaking about?

Jackie's POV

"You're late." Andrew said as I walked down the hallway, coincidentally meeting up with him.

I removed my glasses and shoved them into my bag. "I know. I uh... I had some car trouble. It's fine now." I lied. Car trouble was the only thing I could think of. What was I supposed to say? I have relationship problems? Yeah, not going to do that.