Chapter 17

There was a blinding light up ahead, so bright that Alexandria had to turn her face into her shoulder so that she could shield her eyes. She was still shackled to the wall in the dank cellar, but there was an abnormal amount of light flooding the room.

"Alexandria?" Alexandria's silenced heart fluttered dramatically in her chest as a figure appeared before the light. When he was finally in front of her, he leaned down to her level and smiled that dazzling smile that had always taken her breath away.

"Fred!" Alexandria breathed excitedly. "What're you doing her— " she pulled away from him as a pain shot up her arm.

She looked at her wrist and frowned, she hadn't even moved and she still managed to get cut, but she saw a flash of silver in Fred's hands that quickly disappeared before she could speak.

"How did you manage to get here?" Alexandria questioned, Malfoy Manor was pretty well guarded there was no way in, no way out. "Ouch!" Alexandria jumped, there was another cut on her other wrist and the flash of silver disappeared yet again.

"Freddie, what's going on?" Alexandria questioned.

Fred smiled, a sweet calming smile, "what are you talking about?"

"You're hurting me," Alexandria accused.

Alexandria gave a gasp of pain, the flash of silver was dug into her chest, twisting up into her rib cage with a horrible pain. Alexandria looked up at Fred as he leaned closer, pressing the blade deeper.

"Monster," Fred hissed as Alexandria's eyes slowly closed.

~*~*~

Alexandria woke up screaming loudly, her voice disappearing as she looked around the dark and empty cellar. She looked at her wrists, caked in dried blood, and felt some relief in that. Alexandria shook off the shackles and pushed her hair from her face, feeling her hair knot just at her touch, every time she closed her eyes it was the same thing: Fred would appear to her, looking angelic but then he ended up harming her. Slashing her with a knife, cursing her with his wand, using the torture curse on her and then....the killing curse....Alexandria's breathing was ragged s she tried to calm herself.

Fred would never hurt you. She had to remind herself every time she awoke like this, but it wasn't working as she closed her eyes again.

But even that didn't last long, soon she was screaming and thrashing and when she finally opened her eyes she saw Bellatrix jeering at her.

"Well, vampire." Bellatrix smirked slightly, "I'm going to ask yet again. Where are your friends?"

"I have none," Alexandria lied as she coughed.

"You must have had at least one, there's no way you can walk around freely, there had to be someone keeping you in line," Bellatrix clucked her tongue and the torture curse rushed through her body.

"None!" Alexandria cried out from the pain, fear seeping through her the more she was getting used to the curse. "Just...kill me..." she pleaded.

"I would. If you could honestly die." Her voice held honest disappointment.

"The killing curse—"

"Doesn't work on vampires," Bellatrix growled darkly, "if it did, you would have died ages ago." Bellatrix leaned forward, "but...that won't be a problem much longer. Not in your weakened state."

Alexandria felt nothing at her words, only the wish of death.

"It's unfortunate really..." Bellatrix sighed.

"What is?" she croaked out.

"Your life, it's so pathetically sad. Not a single happy memory exists in that pretty head of yours." Alexandria raised an eyebrow, she blocked her mind at every turn, how would Bellatrix know any thing about her memories? "Possibly...if you cooperated, you would be allowed out of this cell. Given some power back....but that's only if you cooperate. The Dark Lord knows it must be hard for you, he's willing to give you an opportunity to stretch your legs, if you listen."
With a wicked grin, she strutted off and up the stairs without another word.

Alexandria looked at her restraints, her hands were still able to slip out freely and she found solace inside that little action. She had to escape soon. She was able to control Draco briefly which only helped her overall plan, at least she could manipulate him into helping. But the longer Alexandria stayed here, the longer she risked meeting her death sentence.

Although death was a welcomed dream.

~*~*~

When Draco appeared with a glass of water Alexandria found her chance to gather more information and further her escape.

"Draco, I need you to gather supplies for a trip. I need you to pack nonperishable food, a blanket, matches, a water bottle, in a bag and bring it to me within an hour," Alexandria ordered to a dazed looking Draco who agreed and walked off without a word.

Alexandria waited nervously for an hour before Draco returned, carrying a pack filled with everything possible for an escape. "Now, conceal it and place it beside me," Alexandria ordered.

Draco pulled out his wand and did the charms before placing it beside her left hip, Draco stood back, waiting for more commands.

"Tell me, is my wand still around?"

"Yes," Draco responded mindlessly. Alexandria grinned and felt relieved, she was worried that something had happened to her wand while being here.

Draco seemed to come to himself as he looked around, "I came here to warn you about something." He stepped a bit closer, keeping six feet distance between them, "tonight is one of the meetings....just a warning."

Alexandria looked slightly confused as Draco shifted from foot to foot, "thank you, I suppose."

Draco shrugged, "it would be a shame if a beautiful girl like you were to suffer."

Alexandria snorted, "that's what I've been doing for months now."

Draco nodded and rubbed his neck, "if it weren't for me you would possibly be dead." Trying to offer a bit of comfort considering the circumstances.

Alexandria looked at the bag beside her and smiled slightly, "you're right..."

"I heard him talking with my parents."

Alexandria studied Draco, he was always a prick in school and she tried to stay away from him. Even being older than him, Alexandria knew Draco thought she was beneath him. But looking at him, watching him stick out his neck to come down here. Alexandria could tell he didn't choose this path that was being laid out in front of him.

"Why're you telling me this?"

Draco shrugged, "if you don't want the information-"

"What were they saying?" Alexandria rolled her eyes.

"They won't go after Fred Weasley if you cooperate."

Alexandria flinched at the name, scowling at her hands, "why would he matter to me? He wants me dead more than anybody I can think of."

Draco raised an eyebrow, remaining silent as he turned to leave.