Candles (Part 1)

Fire.

It's probably been my worst fear since I had first seen it at the age of 2. I was coming home from my aunts house when it happened. I walked in joyous and carefree, bouncing around eager to see my (m/p). I had accidental knocked down a candle in the process and the fire spread to my clothes. I was bawling large tears, as I tried to swat it away. It had only been a few moments when the fire spread to the house and the hardwood floor.

Trapping my (m/p) inside.

It was quite ironic that I was afraid of fire since I was the daughter/son of Hephaestus myself, but I couldn't be helped. It was a weakness in my mind and I tried ever so hard to control it but it always got the best of me. I had never told anyone about it, but even my brother Leo, whom I trusted so much. It was a fear that I thought I could never get over.

NICO POV

I lined the interior of (Y/N)'s apartment with little candles that almost seemed to be floating when you turned of the lights. I knew that (Y/N) hated sappy romantic gestures that just seemed cheesy and fake. But she could always tell whenever I tried hard to be romantic. Honestly it was way out of my playing field; however, the years that I spent with (Y/N) taught me how. Ever since we first began dating, she taught me how to see things differently and love them more. I fell more and more in love with her as the days passed. Tonight I was going to propose and call her mine forever.