The Boy

The body floated in the sludge that sluiced through the dank sewers. The face was covered into much dirt and grime that the person was unrecognized. I leaned a little closer to get a better look when I heard a sharp scream. I quickly whipped around, my hair flying. I scanned the area quickly, my eyes darting left and right, looking for the source of the scream. But there was nothing but pin drop silence.

I heard a faint splash and turned around again. Nothing. The person I had seen in the sewer was gone as well. The wind whistled in my ears as I turned around and fled.

"This can't be happening," I thought to myself trying to rid the images that plagued my mind, "This must be a dream"

Suddenly, I jolted awake, finding myself in my room, on my bed, tucked under the covers. It was still dark outside the stars twinkling happily almost as if they were mocking my sleepless night. As I took a look at my surroundings, I began to calm down. My breathing slowed down to normal, but my caramel skin was still damp with sweat. I grabbed my glasses from my nightstand and glanced at the clock. 2:37 AM. It was way too early to wake up.

Nevertheless, I slowly I crawled out from underneath the sheets. There was in use going back to sleep now; I would never fall asleep. I grabbed a couple of clothes from my closet and took a nice hot shower.

The warm water was just what I needed to calm my frazzled nerves. Once I stepped out of the shower, I quickly dressed myself in a pair of jeans and a purple shirt and walked downstairs.

I made myself a breakfast of blueberry pancakes, accidentally adding too many blueberries making my pancakes purple. After cooking them, I chuckled at their odd color and made a couple more in case I got hungry. Quickly eating my breakfast, I glanced at the clock once again. 3:08. Ugh still early.

Wanting to kill sometime I pulled out a book and began reading. Suddenly there was a soft knock at my door. I was so engrossed in my book that I didn't hear the first set of knocks.

Being half asleep I didn't know what I was doing, and I slowly walked up to my door and cracks open the old blinds. Outside was a young boy, probably thirteen or fourteen years, with messy black hair and cuts all over his body. He was barely able to stand and talk and the moment I opened the door, his legs buckled. The boy tumbled down and I caught him and dragged him to the sofa. For a kid that looked so skinny, he weighed quite a bit. Or maybe I'm just weak...

BTW the first line is not mine its from a book, Black Order by James Rollins, I was using it as a stort starter sort of thing. There will be more parts!!