Dubstep Cat

(Y/N) POV

I sighed as I walked up the cobblestone steps to my school, Lakewood High, home of the fearless larks. Yeah, our mascot was a joke, no kid had actually volunteered to be the "Fearless Lark" so a teacher was paid extra to be our mascot. Yay school spirit. I walked down the tiled hall, my heels clicking against the newly waxed floor. I took a quick stop at my locker, grabbed a couple of books and headed off to my class. Winter break had just ended and it was a new year. But it didn't really feel like one. The same posters was hanging around the hallways. The same cliques sat around the "spots" before the bell rang. The bad teachers still hated their jobs and the good ones still deserved better paychecks.

I took my usual seat in the back of the class near the bookshelf in my Trig class. I dropped my books on my desk and waited for the class to fill in. Ms. Dowler was already there hacking away at her keyboard. She probably hadn't noticed when I walked in since she was still chatting with someone. Well, I guess that would never change either.

Knowing fairly well that Ms. Dowler wasn't a stickler for rules, I pulled out my phone and started texting my best friend. A few minutes later the students had begin to trickle in and the bell rang. As a attendance was being called, a few stragglers in the hall had made it to class as well, earning quite a few laughs as they high fived their friends. Just as the class had settled and Ms. Dowler had begun teaching, there was a knock on the door.

The principal Mr. Stewertson had walked in along with a boy with shaggy black hair deep brown eyes that almost looked black. He was wearing all black and from what I could tell, definitely wasn't smiling. This kid must heard about Lakewood High before.

"This is your new student, Nico di Angelo," Mr. Stewertson said, "He came all the way from Italy and I would like you all to give him a warm welcome and show him what Lakewood High is all about. And Ms. Dowler, if you could get someone to show Nico around during homeroom that would be great." With that Mr. Stewertson left, shutting the door behind him, leaving Nico in the classroom.

The only empty seat in the class was the one directly in front of me, so Ms. Dowler directed him to that seat and began to teach the class. Ms. Dowler has a bad habit of turning her back to the class when she teaches so she is practically oblivious to what her students are doing behind her. So she couldn't see anything that the new student Nico was doing. Watching cat videos on youtube.

Extremely annoying.

"So sine is...meow meow meow"

How am I supposed to concentrate when Ms. Dowler sounds like a cat? I tried to tune out the videos but they were kind of funny. No (Y/N), cats bad trigonometry good...is he watching a cat doing the dubstep?

By the time class was over, I had learned practically nothing other than the various ways cat videos can be a distraction. I packed up my books and grabbed my backpack, following the rest of the class out of the door. But before I could make it out, Ms. Dowler had called Nico and me aside. As it turns out, Nico and I had very similar schedules and I was to show him around.

7 more hours of cat videos. Oh goody!