Motorcycles and Rain

AU where Nico leaves Italy to New York. Hades is a big business guy.

Nico POV 

The flight from Italy was long and dreary. It rained throughout the whole trip; the clouds covering the sky like dark sludge from the sewers. When I set foot in New York, I felt homesick again. Yes, I had been saving up all of my money for this. A chance to escape the world my dad had set up for me. A chance to clean my slate and live the way I wanted to without my dad's shadow enveloping me in its own darkness. But I still missed my home...it was were I was born, where my mother took care of me, where my sister and I played. It was were all my hopes, dreams, and ambitions died...along with my mother and sister. My father had told me I had a younger sister. Her name was Hazel and she was living in New York for the time being. I had taken it upon myself to take care of her instead of leaving her to live in a large mansion with no one but a nanny. My father had no time for either of us anyway.

I climbed into the cab and rambled off the address to the driver. I slipped in my earbuds and leaned my head against the window. I closed my eyes and sat there in the cab waiting for it to take me to my new home and my new sister.

I gazed up at the building as the cab drew away from the curb. This building...was to be my home. Everything in it was in my name and for my use. I closed my eyes and let out a faint sigh. This was what I wanted. A new family...a family that was still alive...a family that cared enough to welcome me with open hands.

It had been almost two years since I had moved in with Hazel. The house was quite too large for my liking, but I wasn't to give up something so luxurious as this. It reminded me of what my father had told my mother when they got married. Hades, my father, had said that he would build Maria, my mother, a palace where they could live alone. But she had refused, saying that she loved him and Italy and that it would never change. Hades still built it in case Maria wanted to come. She never did. My mother was stubborn like that. She never went back on her word.

Hazel had went to college and lived with her friend Reyna at our house. The brunette was like a sister to me and often treated me like a child. I had went out and got a job. It paid quite well and I had even bought a motorcycle in the time. Whenever I came home from work I would pass by Hazel's college and pick her up.

But today was different. Hazel and a couple of her friends had went on a trip as part of their studies and were not to be back for a week or two. Out of habit I went by Hazel's college, and cruised around the parking lot until it dawned upon me that Hazel was a couple of thousand miles across the globe. Sighing I started to head back home. Suddenly it started rained. "Dam New York and its weather!" I mumbled in the rain. [I've never actually went to New York and I have no idea what the weather is like but it works for the story so I'm goin' with it] The icy cold droplets stinging my face as I drove on [is it drove on or road on?] I took another turn onto a remote road that almost nobody uses. I didn't want to get caught up in traffic in such weather.

"Stupid rain! Of all the days I forget my umbrella! Pffft. so cold...gahh"

I whipped my head around, searching for that voice.

It was like I heard my mother again. Sweet and enchanting... it was like the voice my mother used when she read me bedtime stories or tried to cajole me to sleep. I missed it.

Small tears sprung into my eyes as I thought of my mother. But I quickly wiped them away when I set eyes on that girl who was cursing so shamelessly about the rain and not having an umbrella. The words were too foul to be uttered from her sweet lips.

Her long, shiny, black hair was glistening with raindrops. Her Cat hoodie, green t-shirt, and blue jeans were soaked as well. Only her shoulder bag was dry for she clutched it to her chest, trying to keep the rain off it.

"Do you want a ride?" I asked. I had stopped my motorcycle long ago just to stare at her like a fish opening and closing my mouth.

The girl looked up, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "I don't even know you. How do I know you aren't the world's most wanted assassin?"

I chuckled even though she had practically accused me of being a murder just by looking at me. It must have been all the black.

"I'm not an assassin," I said, a faint smile playing on my lips, "I'm just being polite. Besides you are soaking wet. You need to go home and dry off" I could see her face visibly pale when I said go home.

"I'm an orphan," she said, "I just live at a girls orphanage...it sucks...a lot,"

"Oh," I said unsure of how to respond. I was never good with social situations.

"Then come home with me," I said my voice wavering, "I'll take care of you,"

She looked at me in astonishment. Her bright green eyes had widened almost as if no one had said something like that. She was an orphan after all. After getting over a moment on shock, she ran up to me and clasped her arms around my neck.

"Thank you," she mumbled into my neck the rain almost drowning her out, "Thank you so much,"

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist. I wasn't going to make the same mistake my father did. 

I would take care of her.

I would never let her go.

I would love her even after I die.

"I love you"

Hope you guys enjoyed this...also I have soooo many views (400 is a lot in my world) and I so happy!!! thanks guys!

Feel free to ask for a request and I'd gladly do it. ;)