Arcades

This is a request I got from Sugarlover08010818 so enjoy

(Y/N) POV

The hallways were overflowing with people. It was nothing unexpected on the last day of school. After finals were over, almost everyone from my school had ran straight out of their classes. Kids were bumping into one another, bustling around trying to find a way out of the building.

"Hey,(Y/N)!" shouted someone in the crowd around me. It sounded like my close friend Becca. The two of us had meet a year back and we were inseparable except when it came to social gatherings. Becca was pretty much the life of the party, whereas I would always take the risk and sneak in a book to read when Becca was too busy dancing her heart out.

I turned around to the face of Becca who was jumping up and down almost like she had air of coffee.

"Guess where we are going today (Y/N)!!" She yelled completely oblivious to the upperclassmen staring at her. That's my favorite thing about Becca, she doesn't care about what people think.

"I don't know Becca. The bookstore?" I said hopefully knowing quite well that Becca would drop dead before she set foot in what she called "the store of dead trees". Creative I know.

Becca just rolled her eyes in response. "The owner of the mall decided to build an old-timey arcade. It's opening today and we have to go!!"

I twisted my lips downwards and scowled at her. "No. Last time we went to the mall a bunch of guys kept flirting with us and it was really weird. And arcades are just filled with a bunch of machines that suck up your money. It's not like we would get anything out of it."

"Oh don't be such a party pooper. Just join me this once and I will do whatever you want."

"Really? Anything? Well in that case..."

"Yay you're coming!"

"Wait you didn't even know what I was going to say!"

"Doesn't matter. I would have dragged you there anyways"

I sighed. She had a point. Becca had a gift of diligence and would always get her way with things. A gift for her, a curse for me.

Becca and I had pulled up at the mall and got of the car. Obviously I was much more reluctant to merge with more crowds. Becca had managed to drag me into the arcade. The two of us went as went around for a while playing a couple of the games here and there and waving at anyone we saw at school. I guess the mall owner was pretty smart since he knew this would become the "new spot".

"Come on, (Y/N) let's go into the photobooth!"

"Alright alright I guess I can deal with couple of photos"

The two of us made our way to the back of the arcade near a photo booth. There seemed to already be a couple of people in it.

"I know you told me already, but where do I find her? I don't even know what she looks like." a voice said. I think it was a boy.

"You will know Nico. You will sense her aura. She is a strong demigod" a voice said in reply.

Wait did he just say demigod? Like the child of a Greek God and a mortal! What was going on.

"Alright then Chiron, I'll see you in camp later" the boy, Nico, said.

Becca was obviously too absorbed in something as she didn't acknowledge me shock. But she let out a frustrated sigh when Nico hadn't come out.

"Hey couldn't you hurry up in there?" Becca asked quite rudely. Nico came out of the booth, his face contorted into a deep scowl. His black hair was messy and all over the place but in a cute way. He wore all black, a sharp contrast to his ghostly pale skin. He seemed to have dark circles under his eyes from lack of sleep, but his eyes...they were something else. They were a deep brown color, but lacked any happiness. They were like shards of broken glass.

"Sorry," he mumbled before looking up at us. But once he did he stopped abruptly.

"Well...you moving or not?" Becca asked motioning with her hands.

Nico just nodded in response and moved on, but seemed to be really startled when he saw us. Or more specifically me. Weird....

Becca and I had stayed at the arcade for most of the day and it was getting dark outside. The mall would be closing soon so we decided to head back home and have a sleepover. I would like to say that it was smooth sailing and that nothing went wrong but I don't want to lie.

So I won't. A bull headed monster charged at us and almost killed me. Key word being almost.

I was hit by the creature, whatever its name was, and blacked out almost instantly. But before I closed my eyes, I saw Becca pull out a dagger from her purse and that Nico boy show up with a sword...and a skeleton army.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And that Annabeth, was why Nico was dragging an unconscious me into camp last night"