Saw Him at the Library

I remember the first time you saw him. You were in the library doing a research assignment for school that was due the following day. I suppose some procrastinating was involved but so far you had almost nothing on your topic. Sure you thought Greek mythology was interesting (who didn't) but writing research papers about Greek death rituals...not so much.

Either way the paper had to be done and there was no way getting around it. Even if you fake being sick an electronic submission was mandatory at your school. Sighing you went back through the pile of books you had trying to find anything that would help you.

"Ahem, can I sit here? This is the only place with an open outlet," a deep voice said. You looked up to find a boy, probably a year or two older than you, whose arms were full of audiobooks and a laptop. Being the nice, polite, person you were, you nodded and moved all you books to the side. In your mind, you were still fretting over the fact that you couldn't finish your paper. out of habit you started twirling you pen and made repetitive clicking noises.

In midst of your mini-panic attack, you felt a hand grasp you effectively cutting of the clicking noises of your pen.

"Do you mind? That's kind of annoying ," you heard a voice murmur. It was the boy. This time you took a good look at him. After all, you just met him two seconds ago and he was already criticising what you were doing. He had shaggy black hair that looked like he just got out of bed, and eyes that look like shattered glass. He was wearing all black with no trace of color what so ever. His face was almost lifeless with his lips twisted into what seemed like a permanent frown.

You attempted to say something, but nothing came out. Only a faint blush crawled up your flustered face. You had never met so... there wasn't even a word for it.

You managed to mutter a small apology saying you were just tense about a paper you had due. This caused him to let out a small chuckle that illuminated his face.

"I could help you if you want," he offered.

"Thanks, uhh..." you said not knowing his name.

"It's Nico. Nico di Angelo"

"Oh, I'm (Y/N)"

"(Y/N), hmm that's a nice name... well (Y/N) I think it's about time we finish that paper don't you?"

You and Nico worked quite well together and let's just say when you got an A on the paper you couldn't thank Nico enough.

I hope you guy enjoyed it! And if you guys have any ideas for something I should write let me know.