Ghost King

I ran through the lush, vegetated forest as thorns and branches scratched my body. A faint light filtered through the cracks between the leaves; the only sign that it was day. My stomach was empty and my throat was parched. The napsack I had been carried had fell off long ago. The scratched had began to sting from the cold air around me, but I had stopped caring a while ago. I had been running for so long that I had lost track (and feeling in my limbs). All I wanted was to lie down and just go to sleep with no monsters hunting me down.

All caught up in my thoughts I failed to see the thick tree root that stuck up from the ground. It was only a second too late that I had realized the thick bark emerging from the forest floor would trip me and send me tumbling down a cliff. My eyes were too blurry to see anything for I had lost my glasses on the run as well. i tried searching through my mind for any useful spells or incantations I could think of only to find myself more confused than ever. I was a pretty sad excuse for a child of Hecate.

A large, thick, tree root had managed to grow up from the ground a while back. I never noticed and tripped over the root landing right on my face. New scratches and bruises formed and a piercing pain shot up from my angle. I probably twisted it, or worse broke it. I could hear the growls getting louder and louder as the monsters came closer and closer. I tried to lift myself up, but with my broken ankle I wasn't able to stand up for more than a second.

Sweat was trickling down my face, stinging the scratches upon my face. I tried doing a simple healing spell, but even that didn't work. I was too weak and tired. There was no way I would be able to get away.

I took another ragged breath and tried once more to conjure a spell. I felt a pulling sensation in my gut, taking to the brink of consciousness. Large black shadows clouded my vision and I slumped to the ground. Soon enough I had blacked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to see a boy with black hair and dark chocolate brown eyes. His skin was a ghostly pale color that contrasted his black clothing. He seemed a lot older than me, but it could have been the dark circles under his eyes.

"Will!" the boy shouted, his voice cracking, "She's awake!"

"Hey stop yelling you're giving me a headache!" I yelled back at him squirming in the cot that I was in.

"Oh sorry," he said his voice not at all apologetic. "Did I wake you up from your beauty sleep Aurora?" Gods this guy was such a jerk.

"My name is (Y/N) and as a matter of fact you did!" I yell back at his smirking face.

"Sorry my principessa. Non è possibile liberarsi di me!" he said chuckling.

"I'm taking AP Italian in high school, child. I know what you're saying and I'm not your princess! You can't just hit on a girl you just met you know! What if my boyfriend is part of the mafia!" I snapped back angrily. Did he think he was some kind of King?

"So you have a boyfriend, huh," he said a little disappointed.

"Well...not really...unless you count Will Herondale," I said my eyes trailing away from his face.

"Mhm Will has Tessa, no he doesn't count. See you later (Y/N),"

"Hey! You can't just leave like that!"

"Actually I can. And I will. Watch me,"

"Hmph, at least tell me your name,"

"It's Nico. Nico Di Angelo the Ghost King,"

Oh, so I guess he was a king...

principessa. Non è possibile liberarsi di me - princess. You can't get rid of me.

For those of you who don't know Will Herondale is a fictional character who is pretty dang awesome. Not as awesome as Nico of course, but pretty close. Will is in the Infernal Devices series and you guys should read it. It is REALLY good!