JASON!

I sighed as I walked out of my photography class. Ms. Kappen was a great teacher, probably one of the few teachers who actually loved her job. She loved photography more than anything else and taught us pretty well. Unlike any of the other teachers I had, she never pointed out what was "exactly wrong" with my photos and how to fix it. She liked for her students to explore their own style and take pictures that really meant something to them. I had a lot of freedom in this class and that was what I loved about it.

For our assignment over spring break, Ms. Kappen wanted us to "spread our horizons" and decided to give a theme to explore in our photos. She had cut out a bunch of words and dropped them in a basket and asked us to pick out one.

Irony.

That was the theme I had gotten. I racked my brain for several minutes before deciding I could go to the park for some inspiration. I sat down next to a cherry blossom tree and pulled out my camera, randomly snapping pictures here and there. I went back to look through the numerous photos, but none of them seem to say IRONY. More like happiness. There was no way this was going to work.

Nonetheless, I continued to look through the photos and spotted a really weird one. I usually prefer not to use humans as the subject of my photos but when I looked at this picture it was different. The park meadow was sunny, and bright with flowers spread out here and there. A tall, sturdy tree took up a fourth of the frame. But in the middle of all that sat a young boy, about my age, dressed in black skinny jeans, a over-used t-shirt with a skeleton, and an aviator jacket. His skin was pale, and the dark circles under his eyes provided a deep contrast. His eyes were a very deep brown almost black like his clothes. He seemed to radiate death like the God of the Underworld himself. Even the lush green grass seemed dull and lifeless, very much unlike the fertile meadow in the park.

The picture was perfect. Now all I needed was his name...and getting it without seeming like a stalker would be best. I took a deep breath, gathered my stuff, and headed towards the boy in my photo.

"Ahem," I said, clearing my throat, "Hi my name is (Y/N) and I'm a photography student and uh...I kinda took a picture of you,"

Way to go (Y/N) you definitely don't sound like a creepy stalker now.

"My name's Nico di Angelo," he said dusting off his pants and got up, "Now delete the picture,"

"Wait..but you haven't even seen it yet!" I exclaim, how could this guy dismiss the photograph so easily?

"Alright fine, show me it," he said slightly irritated. I handed him the camera with the intent of just showing it, but he snatched the camera away from my hands.

"It's nice. I'm gonna delete it now,"

"Hey!," I yelled jumping up, my hand outstretched in an attempt to reach his hand. There was a serious height difference and Nico just chuckled as I tried to grab the camera. About five minutes later, my face was flushed, a florid pink tinting my cheeks. Nico was still smiling, in fact he was laughing at my antics. What a jerk! But I couldn't help but notice his laugh was so angelic. Quite fitting for surname like Di Angelo.

I tried to grab the camera again, but an extremely strong gust of wind blew in our direction, knocking Nico off his feet and in the processes mushing me down as well.

"Jason!" Nico yelled his focus on the camera gone.

"I'll take that," I said taking the camera from him, "Now if you don't mind getting up..."

"Oh sorry," he said trying to get up, but he was pushed down again by another gust of wind. We were centimeters apart now, neither of us were moving...

"JASON!" it was that gust of wind again.