Mates

Annie

Me, Rose and Asami walked in through the back foot. Asami was on my back, her small arms around my neck.

" Your back! ". Krista said and we see the others in the living room. But not Mikasa. " Where's Mikasa? ". I said and the Titans lower their heads.

" She's upset ". Hanji said from the kitchen. " Oh no... ". I mutter and grab Asami. " Hey! ". She said and I put her down.

" Asami's in charge now ". I said and the Titans snapped up in shock. I smirk and walk out the living room. I walk across the kitchen and took a left.

I walk up the stairs and see light coming through the broken doorway. I frown, hearing the sounds of sobs. It was in the middle of the day and this was probably a bad time to come back.

I stop at the doorway and peek inside. My ears flatten against my head and I see Mikasa sobbing into her arms. She was hugging her legs, her back against the headboard.

I silently walk into the room and towards the bed. I stop at the side of the bed and hesitate. Should I?, I thought.

I let out a soft breath and slowly get on the bed. She jumped at the sudden movement and I whine, moving off the bed.

" Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you... I was just- Uhhh... ". I stammer, my tail between my legs. My cheeks a red hue out of embarrassment.

She didn't say anything, only sniffled. She looked away from me and my ears flatten again. I hesitate again but get on the bed anyway.

" Go away ". She said with a small voice. I frown and whine, nudging her arm. I keep nudging her arm and she swats my nose.

" Gah! ". I yelp and sneeze. I rub at my nose and growl low. I shake my head and look to her.

She looked at me with red and teary eyes and my expression softens. " I-I'm sorry ". She whispered and looked away.

It's my job to please her... She's my mate.

I scoot to sit next to her and lean in close to her face. " Stop it ". She said quietly and I nudge her cheek with my nose.

" Stop ". She said softly and I smile a little. I nudge her cheek against and muzzle my ears in her soft hair.

She giggled lightly and I smile big. " That tickles ". She said, finally looking at me. My ears perk up and my tail flicks.

" What are you doing? ". She asked and my tail wags. " Pleasing you ". I said and she sniffled, wiping her eyes. " But why? ". She said and I groan.

" Your my mate. And mates make each other happy ". I said seriously and she seemed shocked. My expression softens and I lean in close to her face.

I plant a soft kiss on her nose and put my hand on hers. " I'm sorry too ". I whispered and she clutched at my hand.

She leant forward and put her arms around me. She hid her face in my chest and I wrap my tail around her torso.

" I don't think I could ask for a better girlfriend ". I heard her mutter and I smile. I pull her close to me and kiss the top of her head.

" Me neither. . . ".

- A few hours later -

" Annie! ".

I jolt up in defence mode and growl. I get up and hover over Mikasa in protective mode. I snarl loudly, but stop seeing who it was.

Rose was standing at the doorway with Asami. Asami was behind Rose's leg, shaking fearfully. My expression softens and I look down at Mikasa.

Her hair was sprawled across her face, still in the position of how she was snuggling me. I look back at them and sigh.

" I'm sorry... Reflex ". I said softly and move to the side of Mikasa. I get off the bed silently and swiftly and stand on the floor.

" We are having Pizza downstairs.... Wanna have some? ". She said and I look at her then Asami. I smile softly and she stepped out from behind her legs and ran to me.

She jumped on me and I catch her. " Yeah. I would love too, but with fresh deer blood ". I said then seriously looking at Rose.

" Reiner already took care of it ". She said with a knowing smile and I grin. " I had four! It was really good ". Asami said and I smirk.

" That's my little alpha ". I said and nuzzle her. She laughs and puts her small hands on my cheeks. She nuzzles back and I laugh.

" Annie?... Asami? ".

Me and Asami look over to Mikasa and see she's waking up. Rose left a few seconds ago and it didn't bother me.

" Mom! ". Asami said and I set her down on the bed. Mikasa smiled lazily and Asami crawled on top of her.

" There's pizza downstairs! ". She said excitedly and Mikasa slowly sat up. " I'd rather eat pizza that hasn't been touched by blood ". She said softly putting her arms around Asami.

" But it's good. I swear! ". Asami said and I take a seat on the bed, next to Mikasa. " I'm good ". She said and gave Asami a kiss on the forehead.

She laughs, her tail wagging back and forth. " Yay! More! More! ". She chanted happily. Mikasa laughed and started to give Asami butterfly kisses.

My ear twitched at a click noise and I look towards the doorway. Petra stands in the shadows and gestures for me to come over.

I silently get off the bed and walk out the bedroom. Mikasa and Asami not noticing. Me and Petra walk more into the hall and stop near her room.

" What? ". I said and she looked frantic. " We need to leave ". She whispered and I furrow my brows. " Why? ". I said and she grabbed my wrist and sped down the stairs, to the outside.

We stop, outside the backyard and the pack was there. But they were surrounding something- or rather a box.

Petra let's go of my wrist and we run to the others. In the pitch black, our eyes glow and everyone's eyes go on me.

" What happened? ". I said and they look to the box. No one opened it and I kneel down. I eye the box and sniff it. No scent?

" Prepare for anything ". I said and they nod. I flick my hand and a claw comes out of my finger. I rip the tape and fling my hand.

I take in a deep breath and slowly open the box. They all gasp, screaming. They back away and I immediately cover my nose.

" This. Means. War ".