Just simply at... Peace

Annie

I sit on an edge of a cliff overlooking the rest of the forest. The city at the very east of the forest. A full grown oak tree to the right of me.

A wind passes by making the leaves rustle and the grass swishes. I stare out into the land able to hear every footstep, crack, bark, weep, whine. Any noise an animal or what goes on in the forest.

I remember the days when Rose was Alive. I don't know how I am able to remember due to the things my dad put in me. I thought it would've erased my memory but it didn't.

I guess my humanity was there after all. I just didn't seem to find it in me. Or it didn't seem to find me. I have to thank Mikasa for that...

A breez blew past me and I inhale a breath. I smelt the scents near me but three seemed too familiar. My ears perk up moving in different directions.

That's when I heard footprints. My ears move to the direction of the footprints and I let out a breath. I keep staring at the forest.

" Mom? ". I heard the sound of asami's voice and I look to my left. She walked into my field of vision and she stops Infront of me.

" Hey, sweetheart ". I said with a smile smile and she went to sit on my lap. I heard a soft movement of the grass and I look to my right and see Rose and Reiner.

I put my arms around Asami and put my chin inbetween her ears. " What do you want ". I said then looked back at the forest.

" Look I'm- ". Rose started but Reiner put a stop to her. He walked on all fours to stop Infront of me. He used wolf language to talk with his mind-link talking.

" The pack is worried for you. Mikasa feels bad and rose wants to speak with you. Do you accept? ". He said with his eyebrows furrowed and his tail swished.

I stare at him and woof bark. " Your dismissed ". I said and he nodded. That's when he ran off. " Where's Uncle Reiner going? ". Asami asked and I look down at her.

She had her head back looking at me. She looked upside down. " He's going back to the house. I accepted his offer ". I said and she hums.

I look at rose and she was looking at the land. Her hair moved with the wind and her scent was carried with the wind. It was like she was one with the forest.

" I don't know the beginning. Only the end of how rose died. I'm just her reincarnation. I didn't realise you weren't the little girl I used to know ". She spoke with sincerity.

She sighed and looked to me. Her Amber eyes standing out. I meet her gaze and she smiled softly. " But you're still my daughter. Your my little girl... And that's what you'll always be ". She said in a loving way.

Asami stood up and walked to the oak tree. I watch her and she walks all around it. " That's your little girl too. You understand how it feels to be with her. I'm just asking if you can forgive me ". Rose said and I look at her.

Asami started giggling chasing a butterfly and my tail flicks. She looked at me with a sad expression and I move to all fours. I walk closer to her and sit beside her.

" I accept your apology... Mother ". I said softly and she smiled wide. She pats the top of my head and I wag my tail. She laughed and I woof bark.

" Mom! Mom! Look! I caught a butterfly ". Asami said running to us. We both look at her and a butterfly was sitting at her index finger.

" What a lovely colour. And it didn't fly anyway... Why is that? ". Rose asked and I nod. Asami smiled brightly " I asked him if he wanted to be my friend and he answered yes! ". She said and my eyes widen.

" Animals can't talk sweetie ". Rose said and I stare at Asami. Asami furrowed her brows and put her finger to her ear. The butterfly moved to the tip of her ear and sat there.

" Yes they can. It's easy to understand their body language but I can talk to them. I don't know what the name for that power is but I understand them. Don't we get our powers unless we unlock them mom? ". She said looking at me and I inhale a sharp breath.

" Y-yeah... Is that all you can do? ". I said and she tapped a finger to her chin. " Ummmm... Only this one has come up. Ooo! Will I get more! ". She said excitedly and I grin.

" Of course, my blood runs in yours ". I said and she clapped her hands. The butterfly flew off her ear and landed on her nose.

Asami laughed " You have more friends! That's awesome! Let's go see them ". She said excitedly and put out her index finger. The butterfly fly off her nose and on her finger.

" Can we go see his friends? ". She asked and I nodded. " Yay! ". She said then ran off. My tail wags and I look at rose.

She seemed surprised and confused and I smirk. " Why so surprised? You didn't freak out when you saw our animal parts ". I said and she chuckled.

" I was just processing what an 8 year old girl said. And I did freak out, just not externally ". She said and I laugh. She laughed too and we both stood up.

We walk down the cliff and I followed asami's scent. As we were walking then rose gasped and my eyes widen at the sight. Asami was surrounded by dozens and dozens of different coloured butterflies.

Lilac's, orchids, and a few more types of flowers were around her in a natural flower patch. And it was huge. " Mom! Auntie Rosie! Look at the friends he has ". She called out and we walk to her.

I step across the flower patch and sit next to her. The butterflies swarm around and they started landing on me. Rose sat down across my us and butterflies landed on her too.

" They like you! Epically you Auntie Rosie ". Asami said and a orange and black butterfly landed on my nose. I sneeze and shake my head.

Rose laughed and we look at her. The sun shines through the leaves and onto us. Her skin shone beautifully making her look like a goddess.

I smile and Asami started laughing too. I look at the two girls and grin. I watched as they ran around and landing in the patches of the flowers.

No more conflict. No more arguments. Just simply at...

Peace.