Chapter 8: Private School

Robbie's POV

Me: I thought that's why I have private tutors.

Mom: Well, I think going to an actual school could be good for you. And so does your manager.

Me: Mom, people treat me differently now. I'm gonna go to school, make some friends, and then find out they're using me to get something. A date with actor, a chance to meet a celebrity, money, a job. Anything!

Mom: You'll meet people who don't care about all that. I mean...you talk about Jared's sister, Maxine, and she doesn't care about all that stuff.

Me: Because she's used to it, mom! Her brother is famous, so she's used to it.

Mom: Just give it a chance. Filming for the show is on hold, so you'll have nothing to do anyways.

Me: Just until filming starts up again?

Mom: I promise.

Me: Fine.

My mom wants me to go to an actual college, but for as long as I can demember, I've only had private tutors that taught me while we were traveling, or when filming was on hold. Apparently, I start next week, so...fun.
---------------------------------------------------------
ONE WEEK LATER

I walk into the principal's office to get the key to my room.

Mr.Grey: Hello. You must be Robbie.

Me: I am.

Mr.Grey: I'm Mr.Grey. You told me about your situation about people taking advantage of your fame. I've set your guide as someone who doesn't care about money, fame, or anything like that. (A/N-I'm only 14. I'm a freshman in high school, so I have no idea I'd this is how it works, but...here we are.) Her brother is famous, so she knows how to handle it.

Me: Her name isn't Maxine Gilmore, is if?

Mr.Grey: Yes, it is. You know her?

Me: Yeah. We're friends.

Mr.Grey: Glad to hear it. She'll meet you at your room at 5.

I nodded, grabbed my room key, and walked to my room. I walked in and saw a boy my age laying on his bed.

Me: Uh...hi.

Jase: Oh, you're the new guy, aren't you?

Me: Yeah. My name is Robbie.

Jase: I'm Jase.

We shook hands and I walked over to the empty bed, putting my bags on it. The room was much nicer than I expected. It was two floors. Sort of. (A/N-picture above) And it looked really modern. There was a set of steps lileading up to the upper level. There was a bed on each level. Jase was laying on the bed on the lower floor, so it had to take the upper floor, which was OK, except I'm afraid of heights.

Jase: So...word around here is that you're an actor.

Me: Uh...yeah. I act.

Jase: So...if you're famous, wouldn't you have like...people to do your work for you?

Me: Uh...no. I had private tutors, but I still did all my own school work.

Jase: Sweet. Need anyone to show you around?

Me: Uh...Mr.Grey arranged for me to have a guide.

Jase: Cool. So tell me about yourself.