Chapter 7: Billboard

Jared's POV

The next few weeks were really busy. If you think about the TV shows when they fast forward through a few weeks, that's kinda what it looked like. But finally, Max finished her drawing. She didn't color it, because she decided to let the designers decide if we should add color.

Me: Yes! Now we get to show the designers!

Max: I...guess.

Me: Now what's wrong?

Max: They probably already have dozens of designs. They don't want some kid's drawing she did when she was bored.

Me: Well, I guess we'll find out.

Robbie: Yeah, Max. Don't back out now. You've worked really hard on this and it's really payed off.

Max: OK. I guess, I might as well give it a shot.

Me: Yes!

Robbie: We're supposed to be at the studio in an hour. Are you sure you don't want to come?

Max: I'm sure.

I shrugged, hugged her, and ran to Robbie's car. I waited a few minutes before he finally came out. We got to the studio and immediately met up with the director, producers, and designers, along with the other cast members that helped while Max drew the picture.

Ralph (director): You guys had something to show us?

Me: Yeah. We know that you've been trying to get new designs for billboard and stuff.

Robbie: And we met this girl who has serious drawing talent.

Jen: We convinced her to draw something for us.

Lana: And we really think you should look at it.

Ralph: I don't know guys. We want professional work.

Me: Just...look at it.

Ralph: Alright.

We unrolled the poster board, spreading it out on the table.

Ralph: Woah. Maybe this is a professional.

Me: Her name is Maxine. She's 19 years old, home-schooled, and she's from London.

Ralph: This...is amazing.

Robbie: Does that mean you'll use it?

Ralph: Definitely. But I want to meet this girl first. And how do you guys know her?

Me: She's my adopted sister. She draws a lot and when I first got the role of Henry, I asked her to draw something related to the show. It was supposed to be just a little drawing for me, but she kept adding each new character that came on the show.

Ralph: When do you think she'll be able to come?

Me: Now.

Ralph: Now? Now would be great.

Robbie whispered in my ear.

Robbie: She didn't want to come.

Me: Trust me. She'll come.

After a few minutes of talking to the director, we left the meeting room and I told Emilie my plan for getting Max to come.

Emilie: Are you sure?

Me: Yup.

Emilie: OK.

Emilie called Max on my phone.