Chapter 18: Family Dinner

Max's POV

My mom and dad hadn't met Henry yet. I haven't even told them about him yet, but I don't know if Jared had. I guess it doesn't matter. They're going to meet him at the family dinner to night. They'll also meet Robbie properly for the first time. Nothing to be worried about, right? Wrong. I wore a black sweater that said "Wilder than you think", blue jeans, socks with England's flag, and converse with a Doctor Who design. I also wore a necklace with the Tardis and two blue rubber bracelets. (A/N-the pic above. And if you don't know what Doctor Who is, look it up. The Tardis is the Doctor's time travel machine.) There was a knock on the door. Probably Robbie. I went to answer it and like I thought, Robbie stood there. He looked adorable. He was wearing a red t-shirt (his favorite color), black jeans, black and white converse, and a red beanie.

Robbie: Cute outfit.

Me: I could say the same to you.

Robbie: But...Doctor Who? You're such a dork.

Me: It's a great show! (A/N-I love Doctor Who. Love, love, love.)

Robbie: Yeah, yeah.

Me: Get in here.

He walked in and I closed the door. I took a deep breath, suddenly overwhelmed with worry. Robbie had turned to face me. I walked towards him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I placed my hands on his chest, but didn't look at his face.

Robbie: What's wrong?

Me: Nothing. Just...worried.

Robbie: About what?

Me: Tonight. My parents are meeting you properly and they're meeting Henry. I know they're going to talk to me about the responsibility of a child, but they don't need to. I'm just taking him in until we find him a family. I'll try to explain, but they won't listen to me. And I'm worried about Jared. Something is wrong, but he won't tell me. And I still have a costume design. I just...have a lot on my plate.

Robbie: Relax. Everything will be fine. Your parents already sort of know me. Jared can take care of himself for the time being and if something is wrong, I'll talk to him. You're design will be amazing. As for Henry, well...just don't worry about it too much. Just breathe.

I did what he said. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, smelling his cologne. His familiar scent calmed me down a little, as well as the fact that he had his arms around me. I opened my eyes again, looked up at him, and kissed his lips. He kissed back right away and it would've turned into a make-out session if Henry hadn't walked in.

Henry: Eewww!

Me: Sorry, Henry.

I noticed he hadn't changed out of his pajamas. I pulled away from Robbie and knelt in front of Henry.

Me: Henry, sweetie, go get dressed.

Henry: OK.

He ran to the guest room where he was staying. I turned around, not noticing that Robbie had come up behind me. I bumped into him, but he just wrapped his arms around me again.

Me: Robbie.

I giggled as he kissed my head.

Robbie: I really love that laugh.

Me: Well, I love you.

I pecked his lips. He smiled.

Robbie: I love you too.