Chapter 30: What Brothers Are For

There will be a big time skip. There's nothing important that happens in between this chapter and the previous one. Anyway, here it goes.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
3 Months Later
Max's POV

I was supposed to go to an appointment the week after Robbie asked me to but I forgot about it and after that, we've been either too busy or the doctor's office was packed/closed. I had thrown up maybe two times since then. Now I think I might again but not for any health reasons. I was just nervous beyond comprehension.

"Calm down. You're as pale as a ghost. Robbie loves you. What else do you need?", my mom said.

"A plastic bag. I'm gonna hyperventilate."

"Your mom is right. This is supposed to be the best day of your life. Smile.", Kate agreed.

"I can't do this. What if I fall?"

"Knowing Robbie, he'll either pick you up or lay down with you and continue the wedding on the floor.", Camilla said, finishing the last detail of my hair. Fiona had done my make-up, Kate did my nails, and mom and Emily helped pick my dress.

"What if I mess up my vows."

"Who cares? The point of is you love him so much you're willing to spend the rest of your life with him. As long as that point is made, no one will know if you messed up or not.", Kate argued.

"Well what if he decides he doesn't want to marry me? What if he decides he was better off with that girl he was cheating on me with?"

"That's crazy!", they all yelled.

"Calm down, girly. He wouldn't have asked you to marry him if he didn't mean it.", Fiona said.

"In her defense, he did propose when she had just gotten away from her kidnappers. And not very romantically.", Kate said. Emily hit her.

"Not helping.", she mumbled.

"Well he did propose again later."

"That was very romantic." It had been. My family had thrown a welcome home party and he proposed in front of everyone.

"Alright, princess. You ready?", dad asked as he walked in. I took a deep breath.

"When I was living with abusive parents, I never once thought I'd ever be getting married. This is scary." All the girls took turns kissing my cheek before they walked off the their places. Dad stayed with me. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked at me through the mirror while I looked at myself.

"I know, honey. But you deserve this. You deserve to have your happily ever after. Besides, if you back out now, what message will you be sending to Henry? To Jared? That the fear of love comes over the joy of it?" I sighed.

"Why'd you have to bring Jare into this?"

"Cuz. You'd do anything for him. He looks up to you, you know. Ever since that day in London, you've put him first. You're his hero in every sense of the word."

"Yeah. And, you know, being married takes a lot of time away from other things. I won't have as much time for him. That isn't a big sister thing to do! That's not putting him first! I can't do this. Robbie will understand, right?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I said you've always put him first. And now...he just wants you to put yourself first." I was close to tears. I had been so emotional lately. At least this time, I could blame it on the fact that it was my wedding day.

"I don't believe you. I-I wanna talk to him. I won't do this without talking to him first." He nodded and walked out. I buried my face in my hands until I heard the door open again. I stood up and pulled my little brother i to a hug. He had grown so much.

"What's going on? You're supposed to be out there already."

"I know. I don't think I can go through with this. So many things can go wrong."

"So?"

"This was so rushed."

"When have you ever put this much thought into something. You willingly went on a blind date with this guy. A blind date. Left it completely to chance."

"But this is different. This will change my life."

"And the first date didn't? You didn't think too much about it then and it turned out fine. Mostly, anyway. Just think of this as another first date. Just...testing it out. Okay? He loves you too much to lose you so the worst thing that could happen is marriage doesn't suit you guys so well so you go back to boyfriend and girlfriend for a while longer."

"But-"

"Fine. Don't take the first date as an example. What about when we met. You didn't think when you ran out into the road to save me. Now you're my sister."

"That...that example makes me feel a bit better."

"Good. Now please just go marry the Brit before he has a panic attack. He thinks you ran out." I giggled and pulled him into another hug, kissing his head.

"When did my baby brother start giving such good advice?"

"I learn from the best."
------------------------Time Skip-----------------------

I wish I could remember the wedding but honestly, I was in a daze until the vows and "I do"'s. And Robbie made me go to the doctor before we started our honeymoon. He was waiting at the hotel, getting us checked in. I was still sitting on the table in the doctor's office, too shocked to move. I needed to call Jared. Immediately. I dialed his number as I stormed off into the bathroom.
-------------------Another Time Skip (Sorry not sorry. They're necessary here)-----------------

"I can't do this Jare. I'm right outside our hotel room. I can't do this now."

"If you don't do it now, you know you never will. Get it over with. Like ripping off a band-aid."

"This is so much different."

"I know. Come on. You can do this."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm a call away, you know. In case you need to talk."

"I know. Thanks, Jared. You could not be a better brother. What would I do without you?"

"Probably throw your life away. You tend to try that from time to time." I laughed. "Good luck. Love you. Oh, and Maxi?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm really happy for you."

"Thanks, Jare. That means a lot. I love you too. I'll...probably be calling." I hung up right as Robbie opened the door.