Chapter 14: Meeting His Family

Max's POV

When Robbie "coughed", they all looked at us. I felt more nervous than before.

Robbie: Hey, guys. This is my girlfriend, Maxine. Maxine, this is my mom, dad, and older sisters, Camilla and Fiona.

Me: It's really nice to meet all of you.

His mom stood up first and walked towards us. His dad gestured for Robbie to come, so Robbie let go of my hand and walked over. That made me even more nervous. I held my hand out for Mrs. Kay to shake, but she pulled me I to a hug. I can see where Robbie gets his friendliness.

Mrs.Kay: You're even prettier than Robbie described.

Me: Thank you, Mrs. Kay.

His older sisters walked towards me and walked in circles around me.

Camilla: Hang on.

Fiona: You're not wearing make-up.

Me: Oh. No, I-I'm not. Robbie wouldn't let me.

Fiona: That's a good thing.

Camilla: No. I refuse to believe you're not wearing make-up. There's no way anyone can be this beautiful naturally.

Robbie: She really isn't. I held her make-up bag over my head, so she could reach it.

Fiona: Oh, wow. You're gorgeous.

I could feel my face get hot.

Me: T-thank you.

Camilla: You are all Robbie talks about. Rob, you said she was beautiful, but you didn't sat she was this beautiful.

I blushed again.

Robbie You're trying to embarrass me l, aren't you? You look like vultures stalking their prey. Give her some space!

He gestured for me to go to him and I did. I sat next to him. His dad held his hand out and I shook it.

Mr.Kay: It's nice to meet you, Maxine.

Me: Oh, you can call me Max. And it's nice to meet you too.

Mr.Kay: So you're Jared's sister?

Me: Uh...adopted yeah.

Camilla: How long ago were you adopted?

Me: 5 years ago.

Fiona: So you knew Jared when he was little?

Me: Yeah A year before he started Once Upon A Time.

Fiona: Aww! He must have been so little.

Me: Yeah he was tiny. And adorable.

Mrs.Kay: We didn't know that Jared had a sister.

Me: I asked Mr. and Mrs. Gilmore not to tell too many people. I liked keeping a small social group.

Robbie: That is until you met me.

Robbie leaned back, smirked, and did his signature eyebrow slant. All of us laughed.

Me: Sure, Robbie.

Fiona: Seriously. Are you sure you're not wearing any make-up? You're just so pretty!

Me: Thank you, but really, I'm not wearing make-up.

Robbie: I told you make-up was pointless for you.

Me: Yeah, yeah.

Camilla: Your eyes are just so bright. You're not even wearing mascara? Or eye-liner?