Chapter 3: Meeting Maxine

This chapter is going to about Maxine and her backstory. This will help you be a little more familiar with her. Oh, and that's Maxine in the picture above. Right...up...☝there.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maxine's POV

I wasn't always Jared Gilmore's sister. I wasn't always Maxine Gilmore. Until I was 14, I was Maxine Gray. I was born and raised in London, England. I lived with me dad, who abused me, and my mom, who did nothing about it. I have blue eyes like my biological father and blonde hair like my biological mother. I thought I was going to deal with the abuse my whole life. The only things that ever made me happy or gave me hope were the fairytales from my books. I always thought, "If Prince Charming can wake up Snow White with a kiss, why can't I get away from my parents?" I never lost hope and I never gave up my fairytales, even though my father would beat me for reading them. One day, I was walking home from the store. I had gone to get some food for my parents. I saw a man and a woman crossing the street with their son. The man and the woman got to my side of the street, but the boy stopped to pick up his book. He was about to get hit by a car. I dropped the food, picked him up, and carried him to the other side of the street. I saw that the book was Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. He told me that kids at school made fun of him for reading fairytales. I convinced him to never give them up right as my father came. He was angry I took so long. My dad threatened to hurt the boy, Jared, so I told him to run. He hit me. A lot. The boy's father called the police and for once in my life I was free from my father. The man and woman adopted me. A year later, Jared got a part on a TV show, Once Upon A Time, where he played Henry. Now I can say my little brother is the grandson of Snow White and Prince Charming. I was home schooled when they took me to America, because I my parents didn't let me go to school when I was in London. I had a lot to learn. I have a photographic memory, so learning was easy for me. Now I'm 19. I still live with my adoptive parents and Jared. They make me feel like part of the family. In London, my parents expected me to wear nice dress and act proper and formal. My adoptive parents, who I call mom and dad, let me be myself. I wear t-shirts, jeans, sneakers, and couldn't be more improper. I couldn't be happier with my new parents and little brother. I would do anything for Jared, even though he asks me not to. Anyways, that's it. The summary of my life. Not much happens to me. Well....not until my 14 year old brother sets me up on a date with one of his actor friends.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ok, that was kinda short. Oh, well. Now you know about Max. If you wanna know anything else, just leave your questions in the comments. Also, please vote. Thanks! Luv ya!