Chapter 26: Flowers and Hugs

Robbie's POV

I rang the doorbell and waited nervously. My eyes were red and bloodshot. From tears or lack of sleep, I'm not sure which. I nervously started messing with the bouquet of flowers I had gotten for Max until Jared opened the door.

"Oh. Hey, Robbie.", he said. He was just as confused as I was. Max is his sister and I hurt her. He should be angry at me. But I'm his friend.

"Hey, Jared. Is...is Maxine here?", I asked.

"She's in her room. Flowers? Kinda cheesy, don't you think?"

"Yeah. I really didn't know what else to do. Can I talk to her?"

"I was just gonna go for a walk so...yeah, go ahead. Just...if she asks you to leave-"

"I'll leave. I won't bother her."

"Fine. I'll see you later.", Jared said, walking past me and away from the house. I walked in and closed the door, leaving it unlocked for when Jared came back. I fixed my shirt as I walked up the stairs. Suddenly, I felt very self conscious. I've never felt like that with Max before. I guess I just realized how important it was for everything to go perfect. Our relationship was on the line and it was my fault. I took a deep breath before opening her door.

"Jared, go away. I don't wanna talk right now." She was laying in bed with a pillow over her face. A picture of the two of us laid on her bed.

"I-uh-brought you these.", I said as I held out the flowers. She shot up, glaring at me.

"Why are you here?", she snapped.

"I just wanna talk. Please?"

"I'm not in the mood."

"I promised Jared that if you wanted me to leave, I would. But I really just wanna talk to you. Please don't make me leave."

"I said I don't wanna talk." I realized she had tear stains on her cheeks.

"Oh. O-okay. We don't have to talk.", I said. She buried her face in the pillow again and I sat next to her. I placed the flowers on her nightstand and she began to sob.

I felt more guilt than I had ever felt before. I laid next to her, wrapped my arm around her, and pulled her against my chest. Thankfully, she didn't push me away. After a few moments, she sat up.

"Why!?", she yelled. "You said you loved me. You said you'd never leave me or hurt me."

"I know. I don't know why I did it. I wasn't thinking about how it would hurt you or what it would do to us. I'm so sorry. I do love you, I swear. Please, give me a chance to prove it."

She continued to sob. She buried her face against my chest. I held her like that for what felt like hours before she finally began to calm down. I lost track of how many times I kissed her head and said, "I'm so sorry", but it was a lot.

"Please. Give me a chance to fix us."

She looked down at the floor.

"I don't know. I...don't know what to do."
-----------------------------------------------------------
MWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Cliffhanger. Should Max forgive him? Leave your opinion in the comments. Don't forget to vote. Love you all. Byeee.