Chapter 10: Fire

2 Months Later
Robbie's POV

Maxine got her own place a few weeks ago. I havent seen it yet, but ive been busy. Filming started again, but since I started loving college, I still go there. They save my bed even though I don't stay there all the time now and since everybody uses the tablets for online classes anyways, I'm able to keep up with the class anywhere. They had started filming, but my scene wouldn't be filmed for another hour or so, so I was just waiting. They were filming a scene by a campfire. I was on instagram and I got a notification of someone direct messaging (dm) me. I opened the DM. It was from Max and she had sent a selfie of herself. I smiled and looked at her message.

Max-How's filming going?

I started to type a response, but I was interrupted.

Stage manager: Fire! Everyone there's a fire!

I jumped up, but the flames were spreading fast. The smoke spread even faster than the fire. Soon everyone was running out of the building. Most people were already coughing. I started coughing too. I saw Jennifer, Colin, Robert, Ginnifer, Emilie, and Lana all run out. I followed them. I was immediately led away from the building by paramedics.

Me: I'm *cough* fine. It was just a few seconds.

Lana: Robbie, you got out seconds ago. The rest of us have been out for 5 minutes. We're fine, but you breathed in too much smoke.

"It was that long? No. I left right after them. What could I have been doing for 5 minutes?"

I started coughing more and more. It felt like my lungs were collapsing. It hurt so much. I couldn't breathe. Everything was spinning. I heard screaming and then I heard someone yelling my name. I couldn't see straight and I was about to pass out.
---------------------------------------------------------
Max's POV

I got the call while I was watching TV.

Me: Hello?

Lana: Max, it's Lana. There was a fire at the studio. Please, come.

Me: Oh my god! I'm on my way.

I ignore my parents asking me what was wrong and ran to my car. I put on my emergency lights and sped to the studio. I pulled into the only empty space big enough for me to park. I jumped out of the car, looking for any familiar faces.

Me: Robbie! Jared! Lana! Jen!

I kept calling out names until I saw Robbie sitting at the edge of the back of an ambulance. He looked so weak and he had some burns.

Me: Robbie! Robbie!

I ran to him and held his face in my hands. He looked like he didn't know who I was.

Me: Robbie? Robbie, answer me.

Robbie: M-*cough*-Max.

Me: It's me, Robbie. I'm here. What happened?

Robbie: I...I don't *cough* I don't know.

Me: OK. Where's Jared?

Robbie: I *cough* I don't know, Max. I saw the others, but no Jared. I don't know. I'm sorry, Max. I'm sorry.

He was about to cry. To be honest so was I. Finally, he started sobbing.

Robbie: I'm sorry, Max. I don't know where Jared is. I'm sorry.

Me: Hey. Hey, it's OK. Don't worry. I'll find him.

Robbie: No. You'll get hurt.

Me: Robbie, I have to find my little brother. Wait here OK. If I'm not back in 5 minutes, send someone to help.