Chapter 31: So Much To Do

Max's POV

"Oh. Love, you know you could have just come in. Or knocked." He grabbed my hand, pulling me in and immediately attacking me with kisses.

"Um," I pushed him away gently, "There's something I need to tell you."

"Oh no. That doesn't sound good. What'd the doctor say. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm...perfectly healthy. And...our baby is too."

"W-what?"

"I'm...pregnant."

"Whoa."

"Yeah. Apparently, I have been since before I got kidnapped."

"H-how is that possible? We would have known." He looked scared.

"I-I know. The baby was still so little when I got kidnapped. I haven't gained much weight because it hasn't grown as much as a baby normally does. The doctor says it's probably because of the abuse I went through. When I was younger. She said we were lucky she survived through the kidnapping. The damage was done inside me when I was a kid. From all the times they hit me."

"Sh-she?"

"Y-yeah. A girl."

"W-we're having a baby girl?" I nodded, scared of what he thought. He pulled me into a hug.

"This is amazing!"

"It is?"

"Of course! We got married and we already get to have a child together! You...are happy, right?", he asked, his voice expressing his confusion. I sighed in relief and chuckled.

"Yes. Y-yes, I'm happy. I was just nervous. I'm so glad you're happy." He put his hands on my stomach as he kissed me repeatedly.

"You're not allowed to do anything. I'm doing everything for you. Our baby is gonna have the best life any child could ask for. You're not allowed to lift a finger."

"Robbie, I'm not disabled. Just pregnant."

"Don't care. You're not doing anything that could harm you or the baby. She's still so tiny. We gotta protect her. We gotta go home! We need to start baby proofing! We need to get bottles, diapers, baby wipes, toys, a crip, a car seat, a baby blanket, clothes...", he continued listing things off as he walked away from me. I just giggled, happy to be raising a child with the man I love. "And we need to come up with baby names!"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This does actually happen. Some people don't know they're pregnant for a while. My mom didn't know she was pregnant with my third sister until 4 or 5 months into the pregnancy. And my dad's friend didn't know until she went into labor. She went to the doctor because she was in pain and the doctor told her she was going into labor. Anyway, vote or comment.