Chapter 16: Lost Boy

Jared's POV

I woke up with the sun shining in my eyes. I got out of the bed an walked into the kitchen, where Robbie, Max, Maya, Macy, and Michael were waiting.

Me: You know...I think it's the cutest thing.

Max: What?

Me: There were two options for where Maxine would sleep. I know for a fact that she didn't come in my room, which leaves...

I glared at Robbie, who slid down in his seat, blushing.

Me: Yeah, that's what I thought. I swear to god, Robbie, I better not have a niece or nephew anytime soon.

Max spit out the water she had been drinking.

Max: Woah, woah, woah! Woah! Woah. We did NOT I, I repeat, NOT...go that far.

Me: If you say so, but remember. My room is right across from yours. I can hear everything.

Robbie: Good thing nothing happened.

Me: Yeah. Good thing.

I glared at Robbie again and I could tell he was panicking.

Me: Usually, a boy of my size and age would not have any power over a boy of your size and age. In fact, we would be afraid. But...this changes when the boy of your size and age dates the sister of the boy of my size and age. I like this power I have over you.

Robbie: I would respond, but you're 100 percent right and I'm afraid of even trying to mess with you at this point.

Max: Yeah...I'd argue, but he's right. Robbie has no power. Sorry, babe.

Robbie: I was thinking we could all go riding today.

Max: Sounds like fun.

Me: You know I'm in.

Macy: Sounds cool.

Michael: Love to.

Maya: I can't today. I have work to do, but I'll see you all later.

Me: Come on! Let's go!

We all ran outside and to the stables. I ran straight to Gucci, put the saddle on, and climbed up. I saw Macy get on her horse, Cornflake.

Me: Come on, Macy! I'll race you to the trails!

Macy: You're on!

We rode out, pushing our horses to go as fast as possible.
---------------------------------------------------------
Robbie's POV

I was talking to Max, who had just climbed on a horse named Zuzu when we heard laughing. We saw Macy and Jared on Gucci and Cornflake, racing out of the stables. When thdy were gone, Max and I returned to our conversation.

Me: I'll lead you to the trails that lead through the forest. It's the most relaxing trail and I'm pretty sure that's the one Jared and Macy were just going to.

Max: Ok.

Michael: Robbie, you can go on ahead to keep an eye and Jared and Macy. I'll show Max-

Me: No.

Michael: But-

Me: I'm perfectly capable of riding along side my girlfriend and Jared and Macy are capable of taking care of themselves.

Michael glared at me. I ignored him and just got on my horse, Bam Bam, and started leading Max out of the stable. We started walking down the trail when Max's phone started ringimg. She pulled it out of her boot and answered.