Chapter 21: Dad

Robbie's POV

Max and I spent the next day walking around the area where she used to live. She showed me where she and her neighbor, her only friend, would hang out, what park she always went to when she was bored, where she used to eat, and the stores she went to, including the store she was walking from when she saved Jared. Our last stop was supposed to be her old house, but she froze on the way there.

"Max?", I said, confused. "Max, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing. Forget my old house. It's just like all the others. Let's go somewhere else.", she said.

"Max, what's wrong?", I asked again, knowing something was definitely up.

"Nothing. Please. Let's just go. Trust me, Robbie. Please.", she said, now pulling my arm desperately. I pulled my arm out of her grip and looked at her. I saw pure fear and hatred in her eyes. She looked quickly around me before pulling my arm again, but harder this time. I looked where she was looking and saw someone coming towards us. I didn't think twice about it, because he was walking with a group of people. I looked b back at Max and she has tears in her eyes. Now I was really really worried.

"P-please. Come on. Let's just go. We'll come back later.", she said. I wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Okay. Okay, let's go.", I whispered, hoping she'd stop crying. She started pulling me away. I heard someone calling her name and a few seconds later, the man I had seen before was in front of us. Max's grip on my arm tightened and she stopped crying.

"Get away from us.", she demanded.

"Maxine? Maxine, is that you?", he asked.

"I said get away.", she repeated.

"Maxine Gray?"

"It's Gilmore! Maxine Gilmore! I don't want anything to do with you. Get away.", Maxine yelled.

"Max, who is this?", I asked. She pulled me away from the man, but he ran in front of us again. She growled. "Max, what's wrong? Who is this?", I asked.

"Don't worry about it. We won't ever see him again.", she said while she glared daggers at the man.

"Maxie, baby, please. I know you're angry and you have every right to be, but please. I'm begging you. Please, just give me another chance.", he pleaded. That made me angry. Who does this guy think he is? I really hope he isn't one of her ex-boyfriends. He seems a little too old. Okay, a lot too old. But he was begging her for another chance, so what else could that mean?

"I said get away!", she yelled. I grabbed her arm and pulled her behind me.

"She told you to get away.", I said angrily.

"Maxie, who is this?", the man asked.

"I'm Robbie. Her boyfriend.", I said, exaggerating the boyfriend part.

"Boyfriend? Max, I don't feel so good about you having a boyfriend.", he said. I raised one eyebrow, because...seriously? Who does he think he is?

"Oh, you don't? That's too bad. Because...", she started. She grabbed me and pulled me into a kiss. She pulled away and glared at the man.

"Who is he!?", I yelled, frustrated.

"I'm her father.", he said. I clenched my fist, remembering that Max told me he abused her.

"No. You're no father to me.", Max said.

"I know I was a bad father, but after you left, I realized how wrong I was. Please, let me have the chance to be a better father."

The Blind Dateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें