Epilogue: How Did We Get Here

A/N: I think this is gonna be the last chapter. It's also gonna be really short. Sorry for the rushed ending. I'm trying to finish off all of my stories (except for the imagines, though I might close the requests temporarily while I catch up), so that I can edit and try to get my stories back on their original path. Anyway, hope you like it. I'm not gonna delete this book. In fact, since so many people liked it, I'll probably be continuing it or rewriting it later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robbie's POV

I'm not even sure how or when we got here. It's like one minute, me and a few other people were decorating the guest room for the baby and the next, we were in the hospital and I was holding a little girl, Emerald, in my arms. Max and I had agreed that, due to the color of her eyes, Emerald was the only name that really fit. When they first learned her name, Jared and Henry immediately took to calling her Em. Max had fallen asleep while holding Emerald, so I had to pull the baby from her and was not cradling her in my arms.

"Hi, Emerald. You don't seem like an Em to me. You seem more like a...jewel. Not very creative, but I'm sticking with it. You're daddy's little Jewel. And I'm always gonna protect you. I promise."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

10 YEARS LATER

"You and momma are cute."

"Nuh-uh. Gross."

"You're gross!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Uh-huh!"

"Nuh-uh."

"Would you two quit it? It's time for bed now, so stop picking on each other." Emerald and her little sister Skyler-though we called her Nuh-uh due to how much she says it-argue a lot over little stuff, but overall they get along. They're just very different.But that can be expected when there's a six year difference.

"Do we have to?"

"You promised that if I told you about me and your mom, you'd go to sleep."

"But momma isn't even home."

"She just went to see your Uncle Jared, Aunt Macy, and Alex."

"She chose our cousin over us.", Emerald pouted.

"No, she didn't. This is just the first time she's had the chance to see Alex since he was born. She'll be back by tomorrow. And tomorrow will come quicker if you go to sleep." Emerald and Skyler looked at each other and Skyler nodded, as if giving Emerald the okay.

"Okay. Goodnight!" I laughed and pulled her to me, kissing her head. She laid back down in her bed and I pulled the covers over her, turning off her lamp. I walked over to Skyler and did the same to her. I walked out of the room, making sure to leave the door open just enough for some light to get in, ince they're both afraid of the dark and Skyler often wakes up to go to the bathroom. In the living room, I pulled my computer onto my lap and Skyped Max.

"Hi, Robbie."

"Hello, love. Sorry it took so long. Em and Nuh-uh wanted to hear about us again."

"How cute. You tucked them in didn't you?"

"Yes, Max."

"And they each have water on their nightstand? You know they get thirsty and-"

"I know. They each have full glasses of water."

"Did you leave the door open just a little? They'll freak if it's too dark. And Nuh-uh won't be able to get out of the room to use the bathroom in the night if it's too dark."

"I know, Max."

"Maybe you should just let them sleep with you. Watch some movies or something until you're ready for bed so they can stay with you. They might have nightmares and-"

"Max, love, stop worrying. They're fine in their room and if they have nightmares, they're more than welcome to come into bed with me and they know that. How's Alex."

"Great. Because he's with his parents at night!"

"Stop it, Max. The girls are just fine. A little upset you're with their cousin instead of them but they're okay now that I told them you'll be back tomorrow."

"Oh, I can't wait to get home. I love Jared and Macy, but I miss you guys."

"We miss you too. It's late over there. You should get some rest before your flight. I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

"Okay, fine. Maybe sleep will help pass the time. I love you."

"I love you too. Goodnight." She waved and hung up the call. I smiled and rolled my eyes. It's the first time she's been away from the girls and she was making it very obvious. But for her sake-and in a way, my own-I walked back into the girls' room and sat down between their beds. I kissed their heads and, resting my head on the foot of Em's bed, fell asleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Max's POV

I walked into the house with a smile on my face.

"I'm home.", I waited for an answer, but none came. I walked inside and up to me and Robbie's shared room to see it empty. I panicked, rushing to the girls' room. "Girl-" I stopped and smiled when I saw them asleep on their beds with Robbie sleeping against Em's bed.

"Mommy.", Nuh-uh whispered as her eyes opened. I walked over and kissed her head.

"Quiet. Your daddy and sister are sleeping." I picked Emerald up, careful not to wake her, and laid her on Robbie's lap before Picking Skyler up and keeping her on my lap. I sat next to Robbie, leaning my head on his shoulder and falling asleep.